What's new

Any custom razor/brush stand makers out there?

I am wanting to a stand that will accomodate my two razors and two brushes. I understand that SSilcox makes custom stands but he hasn't replied to my message in days so I'm not sure if he still makes them. Does anyone know where I can order a customized stand?

I haven't yet, but I have the means and want to make a few. (I've got something really elaborate in mind for myself) If you have something particular in mind, and you can draw up a sketch, we can collaborate.

I haven't yet, but I have the means and want to make a few. (I've got something really elaborate in mind for myself) If you have something particular in mind, and you can draw up a sketch, we can collaborate.

Sweet! I have a design concept for a stand that will accomidate two razors and two brushes. Then I am toying with the idea of creating a blade bank as well. Let me play with microsoft paint and send you a PM.

Here is my first stand/bowl. I'm currently working on new designs to include my increasing collection. I'll also design stands to incorporate my new bowls as well. As my mood changes I'll swap out stands from week to week.
I'm also working on new designs for shaving brushes. These should prove interesting as my profession is a woodcarver. Some exotic woods, faux horn, acrylics and another idea I'll work up a prototype for to see just how it works out. I'll post pictures as I get them knotted and finished.

Here is my first stand/bowl. I'm currently working on new designs to include my increasing collection. I'll also design stands to incorporate my new bowls as well. As my mood changes I'll swap out stands from week to week.
I'm also working on new designs for shaving brushes. These should prove interesting as my profession is a woodcarver. Some exotic woods, faux horn, acrylics and another idea I'll work up a prototype for to see just how it works out. I'll post pictures as I get them knotted and finished.
Very nice design. Let us know if you plan to do commissioned work.

Hi DE Shaver. Yes I do take commissions. All my work is based strictly on commissions as you may have seen on my site.
Now,, that shaving is such a part of my life,, I'm devoting more of my spare (?) time designing things geared towards shaving. Bowls, stands, brush handles. Hopefully in the near future I'll be able to post some items fresh out of my studio. Who knows, maybe this is the birth of a small sideline to my other work. We'll see.
If at that time anyone likes what I have, I'll certainly make whatever they're interested in. I just need to get my fanny busy and turn out more to look at as an example. Designs, ideas,, they just flood my mind.

Top Bottom