What's new

Pinaud Lilac Vegetal Shaving Soap

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
attachment.php

Ok, it isn't commercially available, so I took things into my own hands and made a batch.

Simple melt and pour soap from the Hobby Store.

Ingredients;

5 ounces of Lilac Vegetal heated in a microwave to boil off the alcohol and water without scorching the "essence" like you might on a stove top.
Wound up with about 3 tablespoons of dark green soup.

4 ounces Shea Butter unscented and 4 ounces Goats Milk unscented melt and pour glycerin soap.

Melted soap and added the LV soup and;

1/2 teaspoon of Bentonite Clay

1 Tablespoon of Glycerin

3 tablespoons of Castor Oil

2 ounces of LV right out of the bottle

Yellow and Blue soap dye (from the same hobby shop).

Poured into molds and cooled.

Results:

Great!
Did a test lather and it lathers just superbly, the clay makes it very slippery. It smells perfect. Not the "out of the plastic bottle smell" but out of the Glass Bottle and into your hands smell. I just keep wanting to go back in there and smell it.

Pics are worth a thousand words.

Last edited:
OOOOOOH! AAAAAAAH! It's even the right color! How many cakes did it make? You could quit your job and become rich! :drool:

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Soaps look great and good lather.... but where are the straights..... THERE ARE ONLY 4

Only 4 on the counter....:w00t:

OOOOOOH! AAAAAAAH! It's even the right color! How many cakes did it make? You could quit your job and become rich! :drool:

I made 4 VDH size pucks, and promptly put 2 in the Mug!!

2 spares.

Easy to do - took me all of 30 minutes start to finish once I had all the stuff in one place.

Phil,

That soap looks great, but do you think this is wise?

Does Lilac Vegesoap cross the line and enter the realm of things that mere mortals were not meant to tamper with?

I am hopeful and concerned all at once...

Why the LV "soup" and also LV straight from the bottle? Also, how long did you heat the LV in the microwave to create the "soup"?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Why the LV "soup" and also LV straight from the bottle? Also, how long did you heat the LV in the microwave to create the "soup"?

I originally used the "soup" but after stirring things up, I just wanted a little more smell, so I doped it with the additional Veg.

The boiling I did in intervals to try to avoid over heating, it boiled much faster than water would. I boiled in 30 second intervals, and total time was probably about 2 minutes.

Phil,

Does Lilac Vegesoap cross the line and enter the realm of things that mere mortals were not meant to tamper with?

...I'm with TG here.

What with the recent increase in earthquakes & volcanism... fireballs... extraordinary weather events... I really wish you hadn't done this.

(At least we know the Large Hadron Collider isn't to blame....)

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Phil,

...I'm with TG here.

What with the recent increase in earthquakes & volcanism... fireballs... extraordinary weather events... I really wish you hadn't done this.

(At least we know the Large Hadron Collider isn't to blame....)

The world was to me a secret which I desired to divine.
Curiosity, earnest research to learn the hidden laws of nature, gladness akin to rapture, as they were unfolded to me, are among the earliest sensations I can remember . . . It was the secrets of heaven and earth that I desired to learn; and whether it was the outward substance of things or the inner spirit of nature and the mysterious soul of man that occupied me, still my inquiries were directed to the metaphysical, or in it highest sense, the physical secrets of the world.

Some may call me mad , perhaps even evil , but I hereby swear that I am motivated by the noble urges that prompted Prometheus to risk damnation in an attempt to extend the sphere of human knowledge.

Last edited:
Top Bottom