What's new

Howdy!

My name is Glenn and I am a retrosexual...whew...that feels better.

I've been a student, caterer, worked on a catcher/processor in Alaska, a journeyman electrician, and most recently the IT admin/service/project manager for an electrical contractor...now I'm a full time dad and husband, knocking some overdue things off of the honey-do list, and I'm back in school.

I'm the father of two lovely young ladies (3 months & 3 years old) and blessed to have the opportunity to stay at home with them for a bit until construction picks back up here in the Pacific NW.

Just wanted to offer a heartfelt "Thank you" to everyone here @ B & B. After considering purchasing and attempting shaving with a DE for some time, I fortuitously found your board a couple of months ago. The advice given here has been priceless. I picked up an inexpensive Knack, some Derby Extras (not my favorite) some Cremo, and some coconut oil pre-shave and went to it. A few dozen shaves and a blade sampler later and I'm feeling pretty darn good about the DE thing. The shaves are quite good, but what I especially enjoy is the ritual. I'm going to be upgrading the razor and making a foray into the world of brushes in the very near future.

So thanks again and I look forward to learning a great deal more from all of you and perhaps making a friend or two along the way.

retrosexual..... That's a good one! How's the knack working for you? I have one on the way from the bay.

Sorry I don't have any experience with any other DE to compare the Knack to yet, but I'm liking it so far and it was an inexpensive way to take the DE plunge.

Welcome!!

The real fun begins when your brush comes and you build that first rich-moist-slick lather! ) Enjoy your shaves!

Top Bottom