What's new

DE Blades - Bulk Buy

Those prices are no different than what you can get on Ebay or even Westcoastshaving.com

I'd love it if a bunch of us could go to one of these companies directly for a massive group buy--say we all pitch in to buy several thousands of a particular brand at a significant wholesale discount (if we could bypass the middleman altogether that would be great). It would hopefully end up being a lot cheaper than going through a Bullgoose or West Coast type distributor.

Jeff in Boston

Here are some Crystals by 1000:

Here are some IP's by 3000:

The largest quantity of Feather Blades I have seen offered is 750 count. I believe ClassicShaving.com is the "Official" Feather Distributor for the USA.

Also, Phil at Bullgoose or John a Westcoast may offer bulk pricing on Iridiums or Feathers. Both are fantastic vendors that have always gone above and beyond for me, drop them an email they usually respond very quickly.

Those prices are no different than what you can get on Ebay or even Westcoastshaving.com

I'd love it if a bunch of us could go to one of these companies directly for a massive group buy--say we all pitch in to buy several thousands of a particular brand at a significant wholesale discount (if we could bypass the middleman altogether that would be great). It would hopefully end up being a lot cheaper than going through a Bullgoose or West Coast type distributor.

Jeff in Boston

Last edited:
For a group buy you'd be buying in the neighborhood of 60,000 blades or so, the distributor I contacted at the time indicated that would be the minimum quantity.

If you like Astra Plats you can get 1100 for about $100 from Barber Depot:
http://www.barberdepots.com/shaving/

And I'm sure Pauldog can sell you NOS Feathers in bulk as well.

Honestly, I don't mind sending a few extra $$ to WCS or NTGuys or whoever, I prefer to pay someone else to be the middleman in exchange for more time to pursue other things.

Last edited:

Jeff in Boston

Well, here's the thing, West Coast and Bullgoose are already doing exactly what you're asking - going directly to the source, buying in bulk, splitting up the product and distributing to individuals on demand. These aren't mega-corporations, John from WCS posted this week that he does this in his spare time after work. I'm not sure how much money you'd save by recreating a system that works well.

Well, here's the thing, West Coast and Bullgoose are already doing exactly what you're asking - going directly to the source, buying in bulk, splitting up the product and distributing to individuals on demand. These aren't mega-corporations, John from WCS posted this week that he does this in his spare time after work. I'm not sure how much money you'd save by recreating a system that works well.

Ok, keeping in mind I've bought lots of stuff from John and WCS is my favorite vendor, here's an example of how a bulk buy could deliver a much lower per-blade costs.

John sells Gillette Bleues for $2.75 a ten pack. That's 27 cents a blade, or $27.50 per hundred plus shipping.

Right now I could get my hands on 2,000 Gillette Bleues for roughly 13 cents a blade (that includes shipping). This is the savings of buying in mass quantity through a distributor.

Not that I want 2,000 more Bleues. But if, say, I could save fifteen cents a blade for Super Irridiums going through a group buy, I'd jump in for a few hundred right now.

:laugh:

But, following the mods rules, I'm not going to suggest this unilaterally unless I talk to them first.

Jeff in Boston

Top Bottom