What's new

My first video

I made my first ever shave video earlier this week, and thought I would share it here. It's really basic, no sound, just a quick easy 5 minute shave with a Rolls Razor.

http://www.youtube.com/v/GqKgnzgIh_U

Hope you enjoy!

Nice work! Looks like you get a great shave from your Rolls. Not many Rolls Razor videos out there, thanks for posting!!! Please make sure you post this in the Rolls Razor social group as well.

Cool video :thumbup:.. I have never used a rolls razor, what type of blade is used to load into it?

Sledge, It is a Rolls Razor blade, basically a sharpened wedge of steel, it has been likened to a short straight razor on a stick.

how much does a good condition RR set you back these days? looks like an interesting thing to try, but various ADs are in full effect...

how much does a good condition RR set you back these days? looks like an interesting thing to try, but various ADs are in full effect...
I recently picked one up with a broken hone for less than $10. It was a pretty lucky find, though.

I now have both the Viscount and Imperial #2 models. The Viscount has a better blade with it, but broken hone. (Not that I use the hone in the case... Planning on substituting cardboard or balsa with a strip of lapping film.)

Nice video. I like the razor. Would you recommend that to someone starting out trying to use a straight or would you recommend using a straight to start off with?

Not my kinda lather though, too thin for me. But whatever works for you.

I hate to be the person to point this out, but isn't your angle a little steep with that Rolls?? It's my understanding it's supposed to be used like a regular straight, in which case, your angle should be flatter towards the skin of your face.

It seems to work for you, but if I tried that with my Rolls Razor I think I would get a pretty serious case of razor burn. :bored:

Thanks for making the video. I would be scared to share a shaving video, for fear that my technique would be ripped apart. :lol::lol:

I hate to be the person to point this out, but ...
...there's always one. :thumbup:

Take a video of yourself, and then watch it. You might find the angle looks different on camera than it feels on your face. It's also a little harder to tell with the Rolls because of the guard bar.

With those two passes, I had near BBS on all but the throat (single pass) and absolutely no sting with the splash of Pashana. There may have been a spot or two where I was steeper than I usually am, but this was also the first time I'd used this razor in months. It's more of a showpiece. ShaveReview stated he couldn't get a good shave with it, though, so I had to... :laugh:

Top Bottom