What's new

Edwin Jagger DE89 (smooth Chrome handle)

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Yesterday I received my first razor branded "Edwin Jagger".
It is the DE89, with smooth Chrome handle.
WOW!!!
What others have told is absolutely true: the Chrome finish is terrific!
I have never seen a better Chrome finish before, on no other razor I have used during my wet shaving experience.
The DE89 is truly outstanding.
It is beautifully engineered, very well balanced and has a fabulous, breathtaking look!
I have tested it this morning with a Red Personna blade and got a very close, irritation free shave.
Excellent razor indeed.
I am so impressed with it, that this morning I'll also purchase the DE87, with Ivory handle.
Images attached.

Attachments

• $EJ DE89 1.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 658
  • $EJ DE89 2.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 783
Last edited:
Yesterday I received my first razor branded "Edwin Jagger".
It is the DE89, with smooth Chrome handle.
WOW!!!
What others have told is absolutely true: the Chrome finish is terrific!
I have never seen a better Chrome finish before, on no other razor I have used during my wet shaving experience.
The DE89 is truly outstanding.
It is beautifully engineered, very well balanced and has a fabulous, breathtaking look!
I have tested it this morning with a Red Personna blade and got a very close, irritation free shave.
Excellent razor indeed.
I am so impressed with it, that this morning I'll also purchase the DE87, with Ivory handle.
Images attached.

WOW indeed!

That razor looks fantastic! I have the R89 and it is really really nice.
But the EJ has a superb finish. Congrats on buying one ;)
It looks so good, you can almost tell how you look(second photo)

Really nice razor. Hmmm I would buy one too :biggrin1:

Really nice razor!

Edit:

BTW, where did you bought it from?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
WOW indeed!

That razor looks fantastic! I have the R89 and it is really really nice.
But the EJ has a superb finish. Congrats on buying one ;)
It looks so good, you can almost tell how you look(second photo)

Really nice razor. Hmmm I would buy one too :biggrin1:

Really nice razor!

Edit:

BTW, where did you bought it from?

I purchased it last week at The English Shaving Company.
www.theenglishshavingcompany.com, they stock the entire EJ range of products and offer a great customer service, too!

I received a EJ 86(ebony) last week, what a gorgeous razor and a wonderful shaver. It has cured the slight case of RAD I had, although the EJ 89L looks tempting.

Cheers,
David

This was also my first razor and I also posted a bunch of pics of it. This thing is even prettier in person and now I just feel bad I haven't used it in a month since switching to straights. If you like your EJ89, join the 89'ers Fan Club.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
This was also my first razor and I also posted a bunch of pics of it. This thing is even prettier in person and now I just feel bad I haven't used it in a month since switching to straights. If you like your EJ89, join the 89'ers Fan Club.

Well, I've just joined the group.:wink2:
By the way, I've also ordered a DE87, with Ivory handle.
I want to match this new razor with my brushes, which have all Ivory handles.

Last edited:
Well, I've just joined the group.:wink2:
By the way, I've also ordered a DE87, with Ivory handle.
I want to match this new razor with my brushes, which have all Ivory handles.

:lol::lol:

I did a similar thing. I bouth a R89 and it was so good, I decided to buy the R106(black handle) just to match it with the brush handle. And to be fair, have a backup :D
Both are great razors!

I just received the EJ DE89L this evening and will be giving it the first run in the morning. I bought mine from qedusa.com after seeing all of the positive comments on their service.

The EJ's DE series are the best modern double edge razors in my opinion. I have the DE89 "L" version. Congrats on your purchase and a wonderful shave!

DD

Count me in. Got home from work and it was waiting for me. 20 minutes later with a feather blade I enjoyed the most forgiving DE shave to date. This thing is really nice and easy. I didn't feel it was aggressive, btw, but with the feather it was like a hot knife through butter.

Can anyone offer any advice on picking the EJ 89L over the Merkur 38c. I have been using the Merkur 34c and have been very pleased with it. I have not noticed finish or blade gap problems as of yet thankfully. I recently got rid of my adjustables since I realized I like flatter head razors more. Now I'm totally stumped on what razor to get.

Merkur 38c vs. EJ DE89L

I'd like for it to shave just as well as the 34c I have. I like the weight of the 34c (I find my Tech to be too light), but I want to try something with a longer handle. It's just such a hard decision! The 38c seems like it would have a better grip than the EJ... I also like the Merkur two piece design more than three piece. But the EJ is beautiful and so highly regarded here.

Someone kill me...

Top Bottom