What's new

Kiss My Face...WOW!

I have been using Kiss My Face cool mint shave cream since last week. Got some free samples in the mail and then went to Whole Foods to pick-up a bottle. OMG, it is an amazing shave. Subtle mint scent and cooling feeling. Super slick. Super moisturizing. Lathers like there is no tomorrow (don't need much water). Maybe not as cushioning as Bigelow? I seem to get a better shave with a cream that is slick, ie, KMF. Although I love the Bigelow cream (my favorite scent and cooling feeling), it's not as slick as I would like it. Would more water make it slicker? Sometimes I have issues below my chin (nicks), but not with KMF. The slickness definitely helps cut down on the nicks.

One thing I noticed is that KMF wears down the lubricating strip on my Mach 3 Turbo cartridge much quicker. Maybe it's the ingredients that is causing this?

I have been using Kiss My Face cool mint shave cream since last week. Got some free samples in the mail and then went to Whole Foods to pick-up a bottle. OMG, it is an amazing shave. Subtle mint scent and cooling feeling. Super slick. Super moisturizing. Lathers like there is no tomorrow (don't need much water). Maybe not as cushioning as Bigelow? I seem to get a better shave with a cream that is slick, ie, KMF. Although I love the Bigelow cream (my favorite scent and cooling feeling), it's not as slick as I would like it. Would more water make it slicker? Sometimes I have issues below my chin (nicks), but not with KMF. The slickness definitely helps cut down on the nicks.

One thing I noticed is that KMF wears down the lubricating strip on my Mach 3 Turbo cartridge much quicker. Maybe it's the ingredients that is causing this?

KMF is the only cream I use; do not know about Mach 3 and/or lubricating strips, but my open combs work great with it.

+1 that this relatively low priced product delivers an excellent shave. If slick is your goal squirt a bit of Cremo into your mug or bowl and you end up with WD-40 slickness:biggrin1:

I found the KMF lime does not have any real limey scent, but lathers just fine, while the lavender does have a nice scent.

How do you guys find KMF and Bigelow in terms of slickness and cushioning? I find the Bigelow to be very cushioning,..but not slick. And opposite for the KMF.

How do you guys find KMF and Bigelow in terms of slickness and cushioning? I find the Bigelow to be very cushioning,..but not slick. And opposite for the KMF.
i love them both! don't make me decide! i like another suggestion, mix them... i'll have to try that tomorrow

Kiss My Face Key Lime and Patchoulie are among my very favorite creams. They make for a smooth close shave but without any burning. And they're cheap!

I find KMF (unscented) ideal not just for superlathering, but when I'm juuuuust a bit short on lather for my shave.

KMF lathers quickly (and can be used brushless) for touch-ups.

I've found the KMF Cool Mint to be a super choice on these warm & humid days...just wish the scent was a little stronger & longer lasting. Still, it's a great product.

Don't know about wearing down the lube strip on your Mach 3 but I do know it's a great cream. I only wish the packaging was a little more manly.

You should really try something without a lube strip, even another cart or disposable razor. I've found that the lube tends to form a stringy goop with the product I'm using (Proraso). IMO those lube strips are there for people who do not relather between passes (which you should).

KMF is the only cream that I can get my whole family to use. They seem to really like the peaches and cream scent at the moment. Did I mention that I love this stuff?

-Grant

My wife stole mine.

I stupidly allowed her to try it once for shaving her legs. After she finished she said, "That's pretty good stuff," and I haven't seen it since.:lol:

I just wish KMF actually made "natural" products. Their Moisture Shave is full of parabens and junk.

So much for "Obsessively Natural."

My wife took/uses the KMF Lavender. But I actually asked her to try it. I don't know if the pump bottle is less "manly" than the name, but I like the convenience and love the lather.

I used a bit of KMF lavender with my Harris Lavender shave stick the other day. Half a squirt before face lathering = amazing lavendery goodness! Followed up by a bit of Trumpers Lavender W.H.

I think I might have a problem...

I used a bit of KMF lavender with my Harris Lavender shave stick the other day. Half a squirt before face lathering = amazing lavendery goodness! Followed up by a bit of Trumpers Lavender W.H.

I think I might have a problem...

Problem? Sounds more like you've discovered your Nirvana!

After reading all of the praise for KMF, I decided to buy a bottle. For my Friday shave, I loaded my brush with Pre de Provence soap and then lathered up with KMF Lime. This combo provided a thick and slick lather that left my face feeling great after my shave.:thumbup:

Top Bottom