What's new

Bone, Laser, Skrimshaw?

Well today is still "weekend" for me but I just could not wait to get back in the shop. Intrigued by Phil's (Luvmysuper) question and inspired by my road trip yesterday along the Connecticut shoreline, seeing a ton of Maritime artifacts and many Scrimshaw pieces my brain went into overdrive.
I grabbed an old blade and cleaned it up. Found a chunk of bone and hacked away at it until I found a set of scales inside of it then hit the switch on the laser and poof, a few hours later Scrimshaw on a set of bone scales.

proxy.php

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
:w00t: :001_tt1: :drool:

That is so awesome, I am speechless. (and that takes some doing!)

PM on the way to my favorite scrimshaw artist!!!! :lol:

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
ah . . . I do very very much think you are on to something very very good. I love tall ships and that work you did looks wonderful. . . .

Ray,

I'm absolutely amazed at the work you're doing at the moment.

Love it. :001_tt1:

btw I know you're busy with razor related stuff but have you thought about some non-razor work, cataracts, mole removal, eye correction..... :001_tt2:

Well today is still "weekend" for me but I just could not wait to get back in the shop. Intrigued by Phil's (Luvmysuper) question and inspired by my road trip yesterday along the Connecticut shoreline, seeing a ton of Maritime artifacts and many Scrimshaw pieces my brain went into overdrive.
I grabbed an old blade and cleaned it up. Found a chunk of bone and hacked away at it until I found a set of scales inside of it then hit the switch on the laser and poof, a few hours later Scrimshaw on a set of bone scales.

proxy.php

Dude.... 'the ****?

That is amazing. What would it cost to get a set of scales like that?

:drool:

That is just so cool, not only the obvious skills you must have to make a thing like that, but the sheer imagination it takes to come up with it!

Top Bottom