What's new

Anyone ever buy a brush, didn't love it, but didn't hate it?

Currently having that issue with an Omega Boar Brush. Fortunately, at the price point it's not much of an issue.

That's kind of how I feel about the 3 supers I've bought. The extra softness vs an overstuffed finest is really minimal, and they are less versatile due to the lacking fullness and spine. But they work great for glycerin soaps and look really pretty. Really, I just think they should cost less than the Finest brushes, rather than more. I sold the first two. The third... I'm going back and forth on. It's a restore I did and it turned out really nice looking.

I've had several I felt that way about. I've given them away to friends and family to get them shaving properly.:thumbup1:

- Peter

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Ever felt like you bought a brush, but didn't love it, but didn't hate it either? What'd you end up doing with it?

A few times I have encountered this... I ended up selling them on the BST. But in fact, I have had brushes that I really LOVED that ended up on the BST... That's what I do; buy and sell brushes over and over and over and...

Yes, I had a Shavemac 177 Silvertip with 25 mm knot that was fine. Just fine. I sold it on the BST to someone who loves it. That's how it should be.

I'm actually thinking I'm going to end up selling my Duke 1. It really is a fine brush, I just wish it was a little smaller. I bought a Case to try and find a happy medium.

Yup...sadly I haven't been too loyal with my brushes...took me a while to realize I prefer shorter lofts...the Kent BK4 and Rooney Heritage Stubby 2 come to mind...both superb brushes...they just don't do it for me anymore...

Last edited:
I have an Edwin Jagger Best Badger that is just like that for me - not a bad brush, but doesn't rock my world.

I now use it as my travel brush. Works fine, but for everyday use I want something more.

I have 3 or 4 brushes that I just don't use at all. I know 3 of them are brand new and have never been used. I bought them, along with lots of other stuff, when I first started wet shaving with a DE. I'm not sure what I'll do with them, as I know 3 of them are silvertips, and now that I think about it there are a couple of super badgers there too. I'll just sit on them until I decide when to put them on B/S/T or whatever. :confused1

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I must admit for me it has only been a tool . . . I really never thought to worry about it too much. . . . I do like the one I am now using . . . my second brush and the age of 50 . . . my first was a culmark boar brush . . .

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
My C&E BBB (ED Jagger BBB) and also the travel brush I bought from them. The travel is already sold, and I guess the BBB is going soon, too.

Top Bottom