What's new

German Psycho safety razor?

Hi alls.

Ten days ago I purchased a very unusual safety razor (i thinks so) that arrived today. It looks very similiar to a Merkur 34HD. The safety bar looks a slightly different shape. Sorry for the bad quality of my pics, my camera is a rabish.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

However the mark engraved is GRAFCO-GERMANY. You must believe me because I can't take a good pic. On the head's fixed part you can see a "4" engraved too.

An other difference is the third piece.

proxy.php

proxy.php

It's a key to open the razor and change the blade. You have to use the key to remove or change the blade. Key is included. These were used in psycho wards and maybe in penitentiaries. It's a similar idea that the Gillette Psycho but with a different tool. Some more pics using the key:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

It's a kind of german "Psycho" from Eastern Germany but I'm not sure. Can be made before the fall of the Berlin Wall.

If you have some information about I'll be glad to hear it.

R

rainman

Thanks for the link. The key piece looks a little different, but the rest is similar. Do you remember where you pourchased yours? How it shaves?

The pictures I put were from an ebay auction some time ago. I did not win the auction. Just made the original post to show everyone since I've never seen one of these before.

Top Bottom