What's new

Antique store find. What is it?

I picked up this nice brush today. It appears to be made of celluloid, and has a nice aged patina. It is a slim handle with a nice shape. The markings on the front have an E inside a diamond with an N and Y below. On the back it says Genuine Badger Sterilized 500. Dimensions are 105m high overall, 20m X 45m knot. I thought it would be a great restoration candidate, but now I think I'll leave it alone since the knot is so nice. It has no soap residue, no odor, and no marks on the handle or goop in the cracks. I think it was unused. Any of you gentlemen have an idea who made it?
Thanks,
Russ

Beautiful handle..and the knot appears in mint condition..I would leave it as is and just enjoy using it :)

Good catch!!!

Not sure of the make, but it looks like one fine brush. I'm sure if one of our members knows anything about this one they'll be along in a bit. In the meantime use it and enjoy it. :wink2:

My brush thanks you for the compliments! I did a little web serching on Erskine, but didn't see a logo like mine has. Seems to still be a mystery.....
Russ

Very unique brush Russ! It's definately very rare and in primo condition. Either keep it as a vintage treasure or ....Use it and really enjoy it! One way or the other..great find!:wink2:

Top Bottom