What's new

I'm going bald and I'm only 24...

But I don't care! :w00t:

I usually keep my hair short anyways.

What I want to know is if there are any other guys on here who are going bald and what they decided to do about it.

I'd say the only thing I'm worried about is that I'm single and I'm concerned how I will be treated by women if I go cue ball.

Mods: Sorry if I posted this in the wrong sub-forum. I don't think this fits in the skin/hair care page as I am losing hair to care for :001_smile

A very close friend started loosing his hair in high school.
He never had any trouble with women - in fact he has married four of them.

Head shaving is one proactive approach. Since it's stylish these days and you and your lady friends will see it as a virile rather than a limiting factor in your virility. And then you can report here on what blades & systems you use to keep your head shaved.

Embrace it, there's really no easy way to go back!

I started losing my hair when I was 18. Dad was bald and mom's dad was too. I was doomed :001_tt2:

I thought I was going to take after my maternal grandfather, as he is in his 70s and still has a full head of hair. Apparently, my genetic make up decided to dictate I take after my Mom's uncles and start balding before I was 30!

How much do Bic razors cost these days?

Started losing my hair at about 21....this was in the late 80's. I went to several dermatologists and tried Rogaine. The last dermatologist I went to had a great prescription for me....go home and get over it...you can not fight genetics. The only "solutions" out there for male pattern baldness are a rug/weave or plugs. I was not interested in having a mop on my head and was not willing to go thru the expense and pain of micro-transplants. I went with crew cuts until it got too thin to matter. At that point I went out and bought a HeadBlade and started going cue ball. Women love it (get the rubbins all the time) and I truly do not miss the care and maintenance.

I can understand where you are with things, because at your age I was totally obsessed with going bald. I can only say that if you want to try the plugs or a mop...go for it! However, if that is too much effort or expense...get yourself a $10 HeadBlade at RiteAid and go all the way. You will be surprised how liberating it actually is.

A very close friend started loosing his hair in high school.
He never had any trouble with women - in fact he has married four of them.

hahahhahahaha!!!!!

I started losing my hair in college - have never had problems with women (I'm two behind that guy) - here's the truth: if your hairline matters to a particular girl, there is a better one (girl) for you elsewhere.

What I did about losing my hair? I let it go.

Remember: Jessica Rabbit went for Roger because he made her laugh. The hare didn't matter.

Learn a couple of witty retorts:

"God made just a very few beautiful scalps. The rest He covered with hair."

and my personal favorite:

"I'm not bald. I'm simply taller than my hair."

(I'm in the same balding boat, and am entirely content to let life take its course. :smile:)

I'm 29 and noticably thinning (have been for several years), and I just buzzed it and went on. I love not having to fool with my hair in the mornings. I would shave it with a razor, but that would take too much time to suit me. A once every 2 weeks' clipper session fixes me right up.

Once a week w/ a DE fixes my thinning hair.

My friend who was losing his hair and shaving it begged me to give it a try and I'm sorry I didn't try it earlier.
Going from constant worry over my hair to "Damn I look good bald!"; it was a big load off my shoulders.
And warm lather on the noggin feels good too.

All of my cousins on my mom's side of the family lost their hair very early...a couple of them were using rogaine in high school.

Eventually they all embraced it and started rocking the cue ball...it works for them. Don't think any of them ever had trouble with women as a result...its all about confidence.

I envy them a little...I have very thick hair that can be annoying, especially in the summer. Unfortunately I've got a lumpy head...if I didn't I think I'd shave it.

I've had a number of friends who started losing hair early. Some were upset, but none of them had any trouble with women. Keep it short or shaved and don't worry about it.

Don't forget to put sunscreen up top, either.

Me? I started graying at 22. It was worrisome at the time, but I got over it. No Grecian formula here. I let it go natural and keep it fairly short.

Same here. I started losing my hair when I was about 18. Thinning ever since. I just shave it down every week with some electric clippers. Quick, easy, and a lot cheaper than going to the barber.

If you have a lumpy or scarred head, shaving can be an issue. If you do, I'd just buzz it. If you don't, I'd shave it. Trying to cover it, or compensate for it, never ends well.

Yeah, it would be nice to have a full head of hair. Then again, it would be nice to be married to Jennifer Connelly.

Top Bottom