What's new

Shea Moisture AS?

I noticed the Shea Moisture line today at Walmart. Has anyone tried the aftershave treatment? How does it compare to it's direct competitor, Bump Patrol?

Good old Shea Moisture. Target abandoned them and now Wal-Mart is giving them a go.

Here's what I think:

Shaving Cream: A sad, sad joke. The instructions even mention using a brush. Do not buy. It won't lather and isn't very good brushless. Nice scent and I may use it as a facial cleanser. Search the forums for further details. Avoid.

After Shave: Now, I quite like this. Hard to describe the scent, reminds me of celery seed, but it's pleasant. It's a somewhat oily liquid with natural ingredients; I doubt any of the paraben brothers are in there, if that's a concern. A fine aftershave and worth experiencing. Recommended.

Moisturizer: Great stuff. Smells a like tropical fruit or something. I used it just yesterday. A little goes a long way on my face. Highly recommended.

Face Cleanser: Fine. Go for it if you like this kind of thing and like the scent.

I didn't recall that they marketed themselves as reducing shaving bumps. I have no input in that regard.

Good luck,

Steve

Thanks Steve for the thorough breakdown. I did read the lousy reviews of the shave cream last night. As for Target giving it the boot, from my experience that doesn't mean it's a poor product. After all, Target stopped selling the Proraso line several years ago.:cursing:

I've used the shaving cream to wash my face the last few nights. Great stuff and preferable to their facial soap. Smells great; skins a little tight but not dried out and looked great the next day. Recommended only for face washing.

Steve

I picked this AS splash at Wal-Mart. The tea tree oil splash. It's pretty darn good. It's has good ingredients, although I can't figure out which ingredient gives a little burn since it has no alcohol. I'm really impressed. It makes a lot of stupid claims on the box, but who cares ... it's much better than plane witch hazel.

It's a good bargain overall. I even like the scent.
$tea.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Steve for the thorough breakdown. I did read the lousy reviews of the shave cream last night. As for Target giving it the boot, from my experience that doesn't mean it's a poor product. After all, Target stopped selling the Proraso line several years ago.:cursing:

Its a shame that walmart didn't pick up Proraso

I tried this today, having picked up a bottle at Walgreen for $9.99. I'll give it one thumb up, one thumb down. I like the feel on my face -- a nice sting followed by a tight smooth feel without feeling dried out. I think that's because it uses essential oils exclusively for fragrance. [Despite what someone above said, the first ingredient listed is denatured alcohol with isopropyl alcohol further down the list -- different formula or misread label?] But it has almost no aroma. A little fresh herbal scent at first, but after 10 seconds I couldn't smell it anymore.

I'll use it for days when I want my face to feel good but not have a scent.

I really enjoy the aftershave. It works wonders for any mild ingrown (my neck grows horizontally in spots and have a tendency to go for BBS when I'm wearing my shawl collar sweaters). The scent is very mild and lemony. It does have some burn. Well worth $7.

Top Bottom