What's new

Love the smell but ...

Hey guys,

I've been using Trumper's Coconut cream & I absolutely love the friggin odor it emits, but I must say I can't really stand the shave :001_unsur

Any tips or tricks out there that might help me with this cream?

And also please go ahead & chime in on your own "Love the smell but" stories.

I'd like to hear more from the forum on this subject.

Cheers

What seems to be the problem with the shave (or the lather you're making)? I'm sure people will chime in with advice if you are more specific about why you 'can't stand the shave'. :001_smile

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
What's wrong when you shave? Is it just with GFT coconut?

While I prefer Truefitt's creams over Trumpers, I still find the Trumpers Coconut to be a reliable and very satisfactorily performing shave cream. I will also ask the question above, what is the problem you are having with it??

Like I said I absolutely love the smell of this stuff, but the shave kind of sucks for me. I do face lather, I don't need no stinkin bowl for my lather! I have kind of dry & sensitive skin & usually hit AOS Lav or TOBS Cado with silky smooth results, not irritation at all. But the shave with this stuff is just hard on my face. I've tried adding extra water, using less water, using more product, standing on one foot, promising my first born's soul to the Lords of the shave and ... I have decided it just doesn't do it for me. But I love the friggin smell. Did I mention I love the friggin smell?

Anybody else out there experienced this with one thing or another? Shaving related of course, no wife jokes OK?

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Like I said I absolutely love the smell of this stuff, but the shave kind of sucks for me. I do face lather, I don't need no stinkin bowl for my lather! I have kind of dry & sensitive skin & usually hit AOS Lav or TOBS Cado with silky smooth results, not irritation at all. But the shave with this stuff is just hard on my face. I've tried adding extra water, using less water, using more product, standing on one foot, promising my first born's soul to the Lords of the shave and ... I have decided it just doesn't do it for me. But I love the friggin smell. Did I mention I love the friggin smell?

Anybody else out there experienced this with one thing or another? Shaving related of course, no wife jokes OK?

To be able to help you, I would need to know a bit more than just, the shave sucks.

Is the lather too thick, not thick enough, doesn't lather at all, not enough glide, etc? Compared to TOBS, what makes GFT bad?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member

You could always try a superlather using a cream like regular Godrej which has virtually no scent at all, and then you get the smell of the soap and the lanolin greatness of the Godrej.

(and my stock in Godrej Shaving Pvt. Ltd. goes up :thumbup:)

Last edited:
You could always try a superlather using a cream like regular Godrej which has virtually no scent at all, and then you get the smell of the soap and the lanolin greatness of the Godrej.

(and my stock in Godrej Shaving Pvt. Ltd. goes up :thumbup:)

If you are going to mix in Godrej, why not Godrej Lime?

Top Bottom