Thread: Tea in San Francisco

Default Tea in San Francisco

Howdy,

Does anyone know the best places to purchase tea in San Francisco and the Bay area?

I did find a hardware store in Japan Town that sells great cast iron pots and other accessories in the basement. Forgot the name but will follow-up and post later.

There is Red Blossom Tea. I have never been to their brick and mortar store but their online customer service has been good. There is also Imperial Tea Court if you are looking to spend a ton of cash. That is about all I know. Have a good trip!

Images

Ah, the best place -- well there are actually 3 different locations for drinking some excellent tea or buying tea on site is at the Samovar Tea Lounge. You're bound to enjoy the quality of tea, food, & service.

Quote Originally Posted by tieguanyin View Post
    There is Red Blossom Tea. I have never been to their brick and mortar store but their online customer service has been good. There is also Imperial Tea Court if you are looking to spend a ton of cash. That is about all I know. Have a good trip!
    Red Blossom Tea is close to North Beach so will go there after another delicious Italian dinner.

Yes, was in The Imperial Court at the Ferry Building-good stuff, but touristry prices.

After many years of drinking Panera's Ice Tea I have discovered just how great tea really is. Same pattern as my wet shaving after cartridge shaving for decades!

Thanks for the infor

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Ah, the best place -- well there are actually 3 different locations for drinking some excellent tea or buying tea on site is at the Samovar Tea Lounge. You're bound to enjoy the quality of tea, food, & service.
    I was just in the original Mission store area last week. My daughter took me to a ice-cream shop, Bi-rite on 18th street, last Sunday. A block long line to get into the place. (I had the Earl Gray ice-cream). Will go to Samovar...

Thanks

I visited Mountain view tea village a couple of months ago and bought some nice oolong tea. http://www.mvteavillage.com/

They seemed to be a nice but maybe pricey place.
    Mikael

Forgot to mention I was here, www.lupiciausa.com in the Westfield Mall-sorta like Teavana. They remind me of Art of Shaving stores!

Quote Originally Posted by mikromicke View Post
    I visited Mountain view tea village a couple of months ago and bought some nice oolong tea. http://www.mvteavillage.com/

They seemed to be a nice but maybe pricey place.
    Did you try any of their puerh's? Website has scarce information on their offerings.
    Last edited by tieguanyin; 04-13-2010 at 06:14 AM.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCity View Post
    I was just in the original Mission store area last week. My daughter took me to a ice-cream shop, Bi-rite on 18th street, last Sunday. A block long line to get into the place. (I had the Earl Gray ice-cream). Will go to Samovar...

Thanks
    I love that place. Their salted caramel ice cream is the BEST ice cream I have ever had. One of my good friends lives right above it.

Quote Originally Posted by tieguanyin View Post
    Did you try any of their puerh's? Website has scarce information on their offerings.
    No, I didn't. They had a good selection though but since I still haven't tried any puerh I had no idea what to try.
    Mikael

Quote Originally Posted by mikromicke View Post
    They had a good selection though but since I still haven't tried any puerh I had no idea what to try.
    Just do what Ouch would do.

Buy one of each.

Ah, if only I had the money

I should head over there and at least buy one of them though. It's a nice area so it's perfect for a Sunday trip.
    Mikael

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Hyde View Post
    I love that place. Their salted caramel ice cream is the BEST ice cream I have ever had. One of my good friends lives right above it.
    My daughter bought a pint of that stuff. Sounds funky, however it's incredible ice-cream! Good call

Try Song Tea on Sutter Street between Steiner and Pierce. http://www.songtea.com.

Images

I'll second Song Tea. This is a really cool little shop.
    M