What's new

where to buy simpsons or rooney brushes in London

It seems the majority of us buy our shaving brushes on line, no harm in that but does anyone know where I can buy Simpsons or Roonery brushes in London? I am heading back for my holiday in the summer and would like to browse the full selection.
There are several bastions of wet shaving in London, namely the 2 Trumpers shops and the Taylor of Old Bond street (located ironically just down the road from the Trumpers in Jermyn street) but do these shops sell Rooneys or Simpsons? They sell their own brushes for sure but their origin is unknown and the assistants in the shop dont generally say who produces them.
Any help would be more than welcome....

Andrews' Pharmacy in Sloane Street carries a range of Simpson's brushes. I have not dealt with them but will try to get in to have a look next time that I am in London.

Just got back from london. You can buy simpsons brushes at andrews pharmacy on sloane street but they only sell the best badger level of brush. they do not sell super badger. The only other place that I could find was trumpers. They sell simpson brushes but with their name on the handle. You can tell they are simpsons because they still have "chubby" or PJ etc etched in the brush. taylors just sells brushes with taylors name on the handle. I asked the salesman who made them and they said they did. I have heard however that vulfix makes them. I hope this helps

scott

i bought a simpsons case brush in best badger for 34 pounds. When i was there the exchange rate was 1.5. I was looking for brushes in super badger primarily. I did not buy from trumpers since i wanted the simpsons label on the brush and not rebranded with trumpers name. I did find that the prices were similar or actually cheaper going online than buying in london. Now the soaps and creams were cheaper there than on the internet. I hope this helps.

scott

Top Bottom