What's new

The Sexiest Job

What Is the Sexiest Job?

Dan Malachowski, Salary.com

Making a lot of money doesn't necessarily make you sexy.
In last year's poll conducted by Salary.com, firefighter hosed down the competition and won the title of "sexiest job" of 2006 with 16 percent of the nearly 5,000 votes. These brave, uniformed public servants won out over other high-paying jobs like doctor, lawyer, and chief executive officer.

proxy.php

What job will be sexiest in 2007? Read on to find out how to cast your vote.

Heart Trumps Riches

Take it from the wife of a firefighter: "How could you not find it sexy when a person is willing to risk his life for another's; literally walk through fire? You can't put a price tag on that. It is not just a job to them, but a way of life. It is who they are."

Flight attendant also flew high, finishing second in the poll with 13 percent of the vote. (A complete list of the 2006 sexiest jobs and their salaries is available at Salary.com).

CEO Holds Strong

Money and power still matter, however, as chief executive officer (CEO) climbed the corporate ladder to third in the poll, capturing 11 percent of the vote. Perhaps this is due to the fact that the average CEO across all U.S. metros earns a cool $610,000 per year.

Other high-paying jobs like doctor and lawyer did not fare quite as well, finishing ninth and tenth respectively. The doctor may be feeling sick after only receiving 7 percent of the vote, while the job title of lawyer obviously lost its sex appeal with 4 percent.

Popular TV Character Jobs Also Sexy

Other hot jobs in the poll included reporter and interior designer, each receiving 10 percent of the vote. The recent "sexiness" of these jobs may be fueled by the popularity of TV's Debra Messing, who played interior designer Grace Adler on "Will and Grace"; Sarah Jessica Parker, who was newspaper columnist Carrie Bradshaw on "Sex and the City"; and casts of such home-improvement shows as "Trading Spaces" and "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition." These people may look good on screen, but like the firefighter, they aren't making too much dough.

Is It the Milkman?

We also found out -- based on a large number of write-in votes -- that you don't necessarily have to be a firefighter to be considered hot.
Some of the most popular write-in votes included dental hygienist, pilot, marine, police officer, physical therapist, chef, and high-level executive jobs for women. And if your job wasn't listed, don't give up yet! There are people out there who also mentioned these jobs as sexy: parcel deliverers, CPAs, electrical line workers, radiological technologists, and of course, the proverbial "milkman."

Vote for Sexiest in 2007

Can firefighters extinguish the competition for another year? You can vote for the sexiest job in Salary.com's new poll, through the end of February.

VOTE SHOESHINE BOY !!!

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Fireman? I ran that one by my better half, who once again was the voice of reason. Her opinion- "Lets see, you come home filthy and smelling of smoke, barely scrape out a living, and run the risk of dying without leaving enough for your kids to attend community college. Ooh, sexy!"

:crying:

Assistant to Jennifer Lopez.

"According to London's Sunday People, during a recent video shoot for 'Jenny From the Block,' Jennifer Lopez required not one, but two fast-fingered fellas to tease her nipples so they would protrude through her string vest in just the right way," salon.com's Amy Reiter reported in October 2002.

"What's more, the tabloid claims, when a few flicks of a digit failed to do the trick, a couple of ice cubes were employed to do the requisite fluffing."

I dunno about a J.O.B., but for me the sexiest carreer is Pre-Paid Legal Services. I have tried a ton of home based businesses and Pre-Paid Legal is the only one that has given me time-freedom to actually make myself sexy... Think about it...how many jobs give you enough time to adequately shave in the morning? It is the only one that lets me be a full-time dad, and Pre-Paid Legal is the only one that allows me to stay at home all day with my wife, and lets us be creatively in love. What could be sexier than that?

:thumbup:

Top Bottom