What's new

New Gillette Razor coming out

I am so excited about the new line of products coming out from Gillette. They have this new razor coming out, it is going to be the (beep). It has all these pretty colors and we all know that more blades is better.... right? It has FIVE blades. WOW, I can not wait to try it.
Does it seem that we are going backwards for the sake of marketing and money? I did not know this until I went to the Gillette site....they have marketing for the Fusion towards the gamer. That is fantastic. A Fusion marketed for PC and console gamers. I just think that is funny, but hey it must work.

I am so excited about the new line of products coming out from Gillette. They have this new razor coming out, it is going to be the (beep). It has all these pretty colors and we all know that more blades is better.... right? It has FIVE blades. WOW, I can not wait to try it.
Does it seem that we are going backwards for the sake of marketing and money? I did not know this until I went to the Gillette site....they have marketing for the Fusion towards the gamer. That is fantastic. A Fusion marketed for PC and console gamers. I just think that is funny, but hey it must work.

Times I wish I could swing the banhammer. :wink:

:lol:

In all seriousness, I think the hype accompanying each new Gillette cartridge is an indirect recruiting tool for The Cause. When I first started to shave, I got the Sensor Excel, because it was The Best (or so I thought, since it had the most stuff.) Then they came out with the Mach3, and I thought, "they're just trying to get me to pay more for a cartridge," but, eventually, on my brother's recommendation, I switched. Then they came out with Fusion, and, even though I lived about ten miles from their plant in Boston, I thought, "This is worse than a tax increase. Count me out." The final straw came when I bought a twelve-pack of carts -- to save a little -- and found that the last five carts ($12) had RUSTED WHILE SITTING IN MY DRAWER. Because they're not made of stainless steel, they're made of an advanced alloy. Right then and there, I made the switch from moist to wet.

Part of me really hopes this is a joke. The other part... well... hopes this is a joke.

Sure it is a joke, I mean me wanting one of these. :) I found this site from doing a Google search on shaving and once I learned of this way of shaving with a DE....I have never looked back. Thanks to all of you on B&B who have helped me learn and grow in wet shaving. I enjoy shaving everyday now. :)

Ha ha - yep OP was joking but the new Gillette product is real - something new coming out soon - I have no details or interest either :w00t:

I actually had good success with my mach 3 but I was just sick of spending way too much to cartridges, and I made the switch to traditional in the beginning for price. After I noticed the ability to personalize your own set, I stayed with it.

Seen in the wild today, the Gillette promotional trailer in NYC, inviting the shaving public, or the men at least, to take some kind of challenge. Perhaps a challenge to get a good shave from their latest contraption?

There were the usual attractive about college age females in corporate logo polo shirts, selling razors being marketed to men and posing for pictures with said men (really).

As there was no sign of DEs, and fearing spiritual contamination, I passed it all by. I wish I was joking about the trailer, but is there in Madison Square for all to see.:bored:

One of the reasons I couldn't do marketing is the introduction of "improved" products. One year you claim to have introduced absolutely the final word in something, which will work as well as anyone could possibly want. Then, several years later, you have to say "oh, wait a minute, I guess you can improve on perfection after all". You can never just admit that you've gone about as far as you can go.

I don't expect to see any razor improve on my Schick injectors, with all due respect to the Gems and other old SE razors, and of course the classic Gillette DEs. I don't expect to see an improvement on my Schick Krona, my modern Merkurs, or even my good old twin blade Atra.

Oh, by the way, I assumed from the beginning that the OP was joking, but sometimes sarcasm is less obvious in writing.

All the "new" Gillette razors remind me of a post that Corey Greenberg did on Shaveblog, where Gillette invited him and a bunch of other press people out to debut their new razor. Well, what was it? A BLACK AND ORANGE VERSION OF THE GILLETTE FUSION! Sometimes I wonder who's in charge of marketing/R&D over at Gillette...

A Gillette geared toward gamers: I hate to sound stereotypical or using deductive reasoning, I've somehow thought hardcore gamers look like hard core comic book geeks; ie, very unkempt. Ironically, this is coming from someone who is a bit of a geek himself.

A razor for gamers must be able to connect to the internet, and has a multi-touch LCD display.

And constantly plays distracting background music.

OR

The FIRST razor that can be SKINNED (downloadable from HQ, for 1.99!)
:rolleyes:

Great Googly Moogly...

While I'm sure its been posted before:

The Onion: F*#$ Everything, We're doing Five Blades

Warning - NSFW language.

Just think, the old DEs, Injectors, and Gems all gave fantastic shaves without the cartridge blade costs or irritation.
They already made the only razors you'd ever need or want. Then, they had to go and poop in the pool with the multi-blade craze.

I do admit, as far as cartridge razors go, I still like my old 1990 Sensor and 1984 Atra. Bought the Sensor brand new in '90, when my Norelco died. (finally):001_tongu
Got the Atra as part of a lot I bought off the bay.
Got some Personna made blades for the Atra on sale for $4.39 per pack of ten blades. It's my go-to for a quick, hurried shave.

My every day rotation is made up of Techs, Super Speeds, Slim adjustable, Super adjustable, 3 injectors, and 2 Gems.

I'll probably have to pass on a new Fusion. Carts are just too expensive. Plus, they're as wide as my top lip. Hard to get a good shave there with it. Which is a shame because it's great for shaving yer head, as is the Schick Quattro(too bad it tore my face up)

Top Bottom