What's new

Opening Day Photo's

Nice photo, we had an opening night in Boston which IMO is not the same as opening day but it was a very sucessful one.

I was unaware the iPhone could take such a photo. Now I have one more reason to get one.

It also does video, I can't believe I foget to get the flag at the end of the anthem, the service men/woman start to wave it and it looks really cool. The crowd loved it. To caught up in the moment.
But yes get one, now if it only held a D/E for a quick touch up. lol

It also does video, I can't believe I foget to get the flag at the end of the anthem, the service men/woman start to wave it and it looks really cool. The crowd loved it. To caught up in the moment.
But yes get one, now if it only held a D/E for a quick touch up. lol

There is a shaving app (electric razor, though). I have it on my iPod Touch.

I just need to wait until *crosses fingers* Verizon gets it.

I'll be at the Orioles home opener on Friday, and at the Twins home opener on Monday (at the brand new Target Field), so I'll make sure I get pictures up when I'm back.

I had tickets for the Dodgers home opener...then I had to move to Atlanta :mad3:

The braves are OK I guess, but not a favorite team.

viva los doyers

And here's the second set. It's the first Twins opener I've been at for years (though I've been to many regular-season games), and it was fantastic. Perfect weather, and Target Field is amazing.

There's no zoom here -- our season tickets are four rows behind the first base cameras. I'm amazed at how posh the stadium is. It really couldn't be better. The Metrodome was home to all my Twins memories, starting from my first game at about age 5. But this, this is baseball.

Two wishes for the teams represented here: that the Mets and Twins go back to their original pinstripe uniforms (with no black trim for the Mets).

(From an Angels fan)

Two wishes for the teams represented here: that the Mets and Twins go back to their original pinstripe uniforms (with no black trim for the Mets).

(From an Angels fan)

As a Mets fan I hate the black uniform. I still like the best the classic Mets in script with the pinstripes. I have to admit the best uniform in sports has to be the classic Yankee Home Pinstripes. I still think the only uniform never changed.

As a Mets fan I hate the black uniform. I still like the best the classic Mets in script with the pinstripes. I have to admit the best uniform in sports has to be the classic Yankee Home Pinstripes. I still think the only uniform never changed.

Unchanged? Nope. The Yankee's uniforms have remained very similar since 1915 (they were pretty inconsistent before that), but there have definitely been differences. Widths of stripes, size and boldness of the interlocking NY, button-front vs pull-over, etc. And don't forget the different old caps, including the old pinstriped caps.

The Twins have typically worn pinstripes at home (some exceptions over the years), and continue to do so. We have 1961 cream throwbacks this year, and continue to have our navy blue alternates. I don't like the navy alternates, but I admit they're less obnoxious than many others.

The black shadow on the Mets' uniforms is an abomination.

The Tigers' away uniforms remain one of my favorites. I also love the Twins' cream throwbacks this year.

Much like shaving, there's a significant community for the uniform-obsessed. Check out www.uniwatchblog.com if you have a lot of time to waste!

proxy.php

This is the opener from our local Minors team, the Erie Seawolves. We went last week, but it's taken me this long to remember to get the pics off the camera...
DH had never been to a ballgame (they just don't go for it in Britain) so I figured this was the best way to introduce him, and we managed to get some of the last tickets available. The weather was great, the park sells Smith's hotdogs with all the trimmings, and there's four types of Yuengling available. Sadly, the Seawolves lost, but we still had a great time, and he's looking forward to catch some more games over the summer.

Top Bottom