What's new

New Gillete razor coming this summer

So I was watching TV earlier and saw a commercial from Gillette. They basically were stating that there was a new razor coming out this summer in June/July , I can't remember the exact month. Any guesses on what they might throw at us next? I am thinking they will go to a 6 blade system.

Well there is $10.99 I gladly won't be spending. Just think of what $10.99 buys you in the non-cartridge world. That is almost 100 Personna Reds.

Schick is coming out with a new one this summer, too. There have already been a couple of threads on these.

I'm glad I re-discovered single blade razors, but even if I hadn't, my twin blade Atra was a perfectly good cartridge razor. I suppose it's possible that the latest design tweaks might be improvements, but it wouldn't be a good idea to bet on it.

Well we know who won't be fronting this product...

THIS GUY

proxy.php

I suppose it's possible that the latest design tweaks might be improvements, but it wouldn't be a good idea to bet on it.

It's also technically possible that several of us could be struck by lightening tomorrow, and die. :lol::lol:

Possible, but really unlikely. Since there have been no improvements to razor technology since the Gillette Sensor, I certainly wouldn't get my hopes up.

I think what we will have, is more expensive crap on a stick.

"The ProGlide will cost 10 percent more than the current Fusion"

...This kind of pricing and product strategy is what started the process of me no longer being their customer. Pay more for nothing better? Ok you're right I am stupid...sheesh.

They priced me right into a better shave!!!

Last edited:
My guess of the reviews when it comes out: Shaves much better than the original Fusion, worse than the M3.

I'm more interested in the products that will sell alongside it, and I think you all should be excited about them, too. Knowing Gillette's can't-fail advertising campagins, this brings new interest to people looking for even better preshave, postshave, and other shaving products (while not interested in changing their razors themselves). My guess is bottom-shelf products will recieve more interest and more pharmacies and megastores will be likely to carry competitive items (such as Proraso, shaving soaps, witch hazels, etc).

There may also be an interest in nicer products, but I say it would be unlikely in a recession. Just a thought.

Top Bottom