What's new

Proraso Soap Drying

Anyone else find that proraso soap is more drying than moisturizing? I like the soap, I just find that if I use it consecutively, it ends up drying my face out and isn't as slick a shave.

Any one else?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Anyone else find that proraso soap is more drying than moisturizing? I like the soap, I just find that if I use it consecutively, it ends up drying my face out and isn't as slick a shave.

Any one else?

In my opinion Proraso soap, which I regularly use with great success, is VERY moisturizing and VERY slick.
Maybe you need to add more water to the mix when lathering or you are loading too much soap on your brush.
You should stick with this wonderful soap and try to get the right water/soap quantity.
I hope this helps.

Thanks for the input guys. That really does help. That way I know its something I can fix. I'll keep experimenting. Thanks!

Are you creating lather in a mug or on your face? I just started using the soap and I found it easier to create the lather on my face. I swirl a wet brush around in the soap container for a bit and then just put it on my face and add water by dipping the brush in the sink if I think it's too dry. Works well so far and haven't noticed any drying.

I found the same problem with proraso soap initially but a little more water on the brush than I would normally use and then lather in a bowl makes a lot of luxurious lather which I find quite moisturising.

Top Bottom