What's new

Two YouTube Vids that Helped Me

I suspect that these may be old news to the old hands around here, but for some reason, the lightbulb went off when I watched these - especially the first one, so maybe they will connect with someone else:

[YOUTUBE]9OKTVLcflwo[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]vY46z9I90p0[/YOUTUBE]

In any event, I am glad to report (especially after my last 'disillusioned' thread...) that I got my first truly good quality str8 shave last night - as good or better than with the DE. Just right....

What did the trick for me, in part, was paying much more attention to stretching the skin and working smaller areas. For the major stokes, I stick with the sort of 'proper' grips and motions, but after the 1st pass, I kind of opened up and allowed more of a free-flowing method for the harder areas.

Anyway, I'm off to the races. Thanks for y'all's help. Great resource (and potential $$ pit, I see...) here.

Don't worry about sticking to the "proper" grips. They are grips that tend to work for most people, but in the end it is about what you are comfortable with and what works for you. After two years, I'm still playing around to try to get better grips and passes to really optimize a single pass shave.

Don't worry about sticking to the "proper" grips. They are grips that tend to work for most people, but in the end it is about what you are comfortable with and what works for you. After two years, I'm still playing around to try to get better grips and passes to really optimize a single pass shave.
I hear you. For me, I'd like to develop some decent technique using traditional methods - they are proven methods and they do work for me - but yes, I'm beginning to figure out when and how to depart from convention when necessary. A single pass shave...not even on my horizon. First step will be figuring out to maintain the blade... :huh:

Congrats! Good to hear it is working out more after your previous post.
Thanks, man. I appreciate it! A minor 'Eureka' moment...:blink:

Nice one good to know you're getting along i think what half of my problem is im that damned stubbly it takes several passes to get most of it off.

Anyway keep it up, doesn't it just wind you up when you see those barbers making it look so effortless. :cryin:

Top Bottom