What's new

Applying Witch Hazel

Is there an easier way of applying Witch Hazel than just poring into the hand and then spreading on the face as fast as possible before it all drains out and onto the floor?

I've been using Thayers WH but it's expensive to get here in the UK and more of it end up on the floor than my face. Would it be useful to get an atomiser spray top or something?

Just how much are you pouring out? My Thayer's bottle has a "flow limiter" cap that just puts out a dash when inverted. One dash is all that's needed, it's probably less than half a teaspoon altogether.

Maybe you're using too much at once? I use about a peanut shaped amount in the palm of my hand and apply to my face. It doesn't take much of this stuff. I do this three times to cover my whole face, which is more than enough, and nothing ends up on the floor.

Just how much are you pouring out? My Thayer's bottle has a "flow limiter" cap that just puts out a dash when inverted. One dash is all that's needed, it's probably less than half a teaspoon altogether.

There's no flow limiter on my bottles or anything, just the 10mm bottle top and thats it when the screw lid is removed, hence why it ends up all over the floor :ohmy:

There's no flow limiter on my bottles or anything, just the 10mm bottle top and thats it when the screw lid is removed, hence why it ends up all over the floor :ohmy:

Screw lid? Hmm... Thayers over here has a pop-top, odd that they would be different packaging. Are you sure you're not missing the (fairly unobtrusive) tab you need to flick up?

If it is just a plain screw-off, then an atomizer or cotton balls/pads would be a good idea for sure.

Is there an easier way of applying Witch Hazel than just poring into the hand and then spreading on the face as fast as possible before it all drains out and onto the floor?

I've been using Thayers WH but it's expensive to get here in the UK and more of it end up on the floor than my face. Would it be useful to get an atomiser spray top or something?

Where do you get in the uk? i use the w/h from boots or the chemists own brands and i put it on a cotton wool pad first then apply it to my face, i also keep it in the fridge so its nice and cold.

The Thayers witch hazel called AS has just a screw top, at least mine does, and I am in Nevada. The other Thayers bottles like the Super-medicated and the Lemon have the limiting pop-type cap. They also have more product for the money, but perhaps they are not available in the UK.

I put the Thayers AS product into a small sprayer, which was suggested above, and it helped limit the amount nicely. I also stopped buying the AS one, as it seemed more expensive and not mroe effective than the others.

vitacost.com discounts Thayers and does ship to the UK.

Last edited:
I use cotton squares and buy Thayer's and other products from Vitacost, great prices and quick shipping. You can also buy Thayer's pads, which are cotton rounds soaked in Thayer's witch hazel with aloe. I use the pads at work to freshen up because my face gets oily on warm days.

I use Boot's own brand Witch Hazel decanted into a 25ml atomiser. Works brilliantly...just remember to close your eyes if you want to spray your whole face! :blushing:

Alternatively, I also have some Witch Doctor WH gel that works nicely :001_smile

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I keep my witch hazel in a 5 gallon bucket and just dip my head in.

Ok, it is more expensive, but you wanted easier. :w00t:

Top Bottom