What's new

Acquisitions Monday February 12 - Sunday February 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my catch from the first time out scrounging for razors....:smile:

From researching old posts last night after cleaning them all up, it looks like I have:
1. a '62 Slim Adj. (H4),
2. a Super Speed w/no code (late 40's-early 50's??),
3. a "53 Super Speed (Y4),
4. & 5. pair of '55 & '61 Super Speeds (A4 & G2),
6. a gold Tech,
7. and an old NEW from the 30's (?) I guess.

I don't see any numbers on the Tech; were they even numbered? How old could it be?
Were the NEW's made of copper?? The top sure looks like copper.

My wife thinks I've lost my mind, but at least it's a cheap hobby (for now).

Appreciate any help on the ID's, history, or anything else anyone cares to add.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Groundhog, That is a SUPERB haul of quality shaving equipment. Well done Sir!

So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Thanks. I was pretty pleased.
I'm embarrassed to say I ruined a gold Schick Injector. The lady I bought the adjustable from threw it in for nothing. I didn't really know anything about them, but I took it anyway. I threw it in the boiling water with 2 of the Super Speeds and ruined the handle.:frown:

I also got some sort of 3 pc. DE that I have no clue what it is. When I get it cleaned up I'll post a pic and see if anybody has an idea.

I recently snagged this razor. It's a predecessor to the modern Feather Professional Artist Club and is made of 18-8 stainless steel. I wrote to Feather about it and was informed that it's a Professional Razor SS, manufactured between 1977 and 1999.

proxy.php

Gillette Ranger Tech.

Ahh...Ok, thanks Ben.
After I got them home and started cleaning them up, I was researching here for info and pictures as well as the Geocities site linked here somewhere to try and identify and date the razors. I wish I hadn't ruined the Injector by boiling the bakelite handle.

So was the Ranger razor made only in 1941? If so, this things in pretty good shape for a 66 year old razor.

BTW, that Feather is sweet!

Ahh...Ok, thanks Ben.
After I got them home and started cleaning them up, I was researching here for info and pictures as well as the Geocities site linked here somewhere to try and identify and date the razors. I wish I hadn't ruined the Injector by boiling the bakelite handle.

So was the Ranger razor made only in 1941? If so, this things in pretty good shape for a 66 year old razor.

BTW, that Feather is sweet!

I agree -- I can't wait for it to arrive! :biggrin:

The Ranger Tech was only made for one year, and I believe you're right about 1941. I owned one for a little while, but yours is in much better condition. Enjoy it!

My above mentioned 40's SS arrived. The eBay picture was fuzzy, but it paid off to take a gamble on it. It's a 3rd quarter '52 in great shape. The case is completely intact and functional, but the cover is "hazed" due to stress fractures in the plastic. Happy camper here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom