What's new

More Rudy V’s restoration work…

Restored by Rudy Vey. I've had them a day or two and love em'
Rudy’s work rocks. The morning I thought they might have just got to him, Rudy sent me 6 photos with various knots to pick from. They were completed and out the door in about two days.
Rudy, Thank you again, your enjoyment in what you do comes through clearly.

Ever-Ready #150E. Fan shape Finest 20 mm knot, loft 48 mm
STAR. Set in Rubber with Bone handle. Silvertip 20 mm knot 51 mm loft.

Pre-Bloom. Photo borrowed from Rudy…
full

Ever-Ready 150E before. (It was a bit scrubby at this point!)
picture.php

A bloom photo
full

full

STAR. Set in Rubber with Bone handle. Silvertip 20 mm knot 51 mm loft
Very bad before pictures. I had bought this one strictly for the handle (Duh).
full

And then after…
full

I really have to figure out how to work my camera better! Oh well you get the idea.
Ken

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good! If you don't mind me asking, how much did they run you? I'm looking to have a couple brushes restored and have been shopping around.

I’m not a spokesman but…
I hesitate to give amounts because it depends on the work involved. Rudy looked at them and then gave me the price to decide if I wanted to go forward.
Email him with any questions, he’s a good guy. The Ever-Ready was what he called a “A standard restoration”, the STAR was apparently a real pain, as it was made with rubber set in a metal ring and then this all went down into the bone. He broke a couple handles on his tools initially not knowing there was metal inside. It also contained a “Sticky mass” that was apparently a real mess. Even with al this, he said he comes across them from time to time, so it was nothing new. He charged more due to all the extra work and that one was 30.00. The ever-Ready was 20.00. This did not include the cost of the knot that you pick out or shipping.

I will be doing some restorations on my own, but this taught me to start with some simple handles I don’t really care about. I probably would have destroyed the true bone handle and the Ever-Ready is a handle that I have never been able to find information about having the ring in the handle and the condition it’s in so it’s special, at least to me! I would not have wanted either of these to be my firsts.

Top Bottom