What's new

Kind of a general info/question thread I guess...

Migration of my thread in Site Feedback...

rtaylor61 said:
Speed,

My thinking is that if you are searching for shaving information, you probably already have some background in shaving. One of the reasons I prefer we don't have lots of "how-to's" posted around is that it invites participation. Actually, just like it did with you. Think how dull a forum would be if everytime a question was asked and someone just posted a link to an information page, and nothing else was said. Another thing I like is that as "new guys" gain experience and are in the habit of posting, they will jump in to help the newer guys with their questions. The big advantage there is that while some fellows here have done this a long time, it makes newer members comfortable when they get a response with "I'm still new to this, but I found...".

Wow, that's a lot to say we're glad you're here, and please ask any question you may have. You'll get tons of info, just open the door!

Randy

Oh, do you a first name?

Well, more of what I was looking for, was general DE info. I mean, I've been using a Mach3, and thinking there has to be a better way for about a year now.

So I finally decided to start searching about a month ago, and recently came upon this forum. Which is what I was actually hoping for. I rather like forums, as they are interactive.

But, since I've never seen or touched a DE(less the recent pics on the internet), much less even knew they EXISTED until recently, I don't really know what to ask to start with.

So that's where I'm at. Though I've managed to figure out that I need a DE, blades, soap(or cream I guess), and a brush. So those things were ordered from classic shaving yesterday.

I can figure out how to use the soap and brush I'm sure. But from what I've gathered, going from something like a Mach3(and before that, an electric), to a DE, sounds like it's a rather large deviation. And the learning curve starts all over again!

Oh, and a basic FAQ to make someone, like me, say something like: "Oh, THAT'S what he was talking about in that thread. It all makes sense now!" type of thing. :)

-Mitchell

it isn't as hard as you'd think. it is really easy to get the hang of. don't use too much water when making a lather. don't use too much cream, either. an almond size amount is said to work for cream. for soap, look at the tutorial section.

just go slow and be gentle, it's really easy.

obsessis said:
it isn't as hard as you'd think. it is really easy to get the hang of. don't use too much water when making a lather. don't use too much cream, either. an almond size amount is said to work for cream. for soap, look at the tutorial section.

just go slow and be gentle, it's really easy.

Ah, ok. So when I get the razor, it will be more apparent how to handle the thing then, eh? And I just watched the trialer to the DVD a few minutes ago, so that whole lathering the soap thing makes more sense now too. :)

it's really easy to handle, just like a pencil. it'll become natural very quick. it might seem scary/unnatural but it isn't. now the slant is a different story.

Mitchell,

If you are reasonably happy with the M3, then my advice is to invest in some lathering equipment - brush/cream/soap. Good prep is going to go a long way towards improving your experience, and the scents and sensations are incredible. After you get the hang of using high-quality lather, you can always dive in to the DE.

Top Bottom