What's new

Gift Knife/ Carry or Collect? Anyone know this knife?

We had our first Cruise In of the year this past tuesday and a friend I hadn't saw in a while brought his 56 Chevy, he called me aside and said he wanted to give me a pocket knife (He is a Case collector).

The knife he gave me is a Remington with the name in a circle on the tang and the small blade is marked "Kruse Hdwe Co.".
From best I can tell by looking at the internet this knife was made sometime in the thirties.

Anyone know the value of such a knife? Is this a carry knife or a collectors knife?
My nomal everyday knife is a Victorinox Swiss Army Classic SD so this is different from what I am used to.

Appreciate any info on this one.
Thanks
Wp

proxy.php

It looks like a standard 2 blade pen knife with a jig bone handle. The small blade stamp is for Kruse Hardware Company, it was common practice for hardware chains to have their company name on the knives and guns that they sold. The knife looks like it is in good shape and not poorly sharpened, however as far as I know there is only nominal collector value. I would carry and enjoy.

10 to 1 says it was made by schrade walden for Remington. I have a schrade just like it with one blade missing it was my grandpas tobacco cutter.

Top Bottom