1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp. parsley flakes
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. Old Bay Seasoning
1/4 tsp. salt
1 egg, beaten
1 lb. lump or backfin crabmeat

Instructions:
In a bowl, break bread into small pieces and moisten with milk. Add remaining ingredients except crabmeat and mix lightly. Add crabmeat and mix gently so you do not to break up the large pieces of crab. Shape into patties and broil or fry until golden brown on both sides.

Old Bay Crab Cakes

2 slices dried bread, crusts removed
milk
1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp. parsley flakes
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. Old Bay Seasoning
1/4 tsp. salt
1 egg, beaten
1 lb. lump or backfin crabmeat

Instructions:
In a bowl, break bread into small pieces and moisten with milk. Add remaining ingredients except crabmeat and mix lightly. Add crabmeat and mix gently so you do not to break up the large pieces of crab. Shape into patties and broil or fry until golden brown on both sides.

That's perfect! I think that I'll substitute Panko for breadcrumbs--I have a huge bag of it crying out to be used.

Heading south now!

Sounds good! We're having sweet potato salad and corn salsa with it too. Grab something for dessert on your way!

Well, the crab cakes turned out great. I made a sweet potato salad and broiled asparagus to go with it. Everybody loved it.

I had crab cakes for the first time this week. (Crab cakes aren't real common in Arkansas).
My brothers and I went to a very nice restaurant in Little Rock, named So's. One of the appetizers we ordered was crab cakes with fried green tomatoes.
It came out as two exceptional fried green tomatoes (something we really ARE familiar with here in Arkansas). With the crab cake in the middle.
And truth be told, it rocked my culinary world. :eek: We loved it.
Check out So's if you're in the neighborhood.
Everything is topnotch.

That's perfect! I think that I'll substitute Panko for breadcrumbs--I have a huge bag of it crying out to be used.

Sounds good! We're having sweet potato salad and corn salsa with it too. Grab something for dessert on your way!

Woe.
Sweet potato salad?
May I have that recipe please? I love sweet potatoes.
Thank you.

Panko is my first choice too.:thumbup:
Sweet tater salad, please post recipe:drool:

The panko was great in the cakes--made for nice light and crispy filler.

Here's the sweet potato salad recipe I used. The original recipe called for raisins, but daughter begged me to omit them. It was pretty good, but I'm still looking for a more savory version

Ingredients:

Dressing

* 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
* 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
* 2 tablespoons orange juice
* 2 tablespoons Sherry wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar
* 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
* 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Salad

* 6 pounds red-skinned sweet potatoes (yams), peeled, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
* 1 cup chopped green onions
* 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
* 1 cup pecans, toasted, coarsely chopped
* 1/2 cup golden raisins
* 1/2 cup brown raisins

Preparation:

For dressing:
Whisk all ingredients to blend in small bowl. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.

For salad:
Steam sweet potatoes in batches until potatoes are just tender, about 10 minutes per batch. Transfer sweet potatoes to large bowl. Cool to room temperature. Add green onions, parsley, pecans, and all raisins. Pour dressing over; toss gently to blend. Season salad to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.)

(I got this from epicurious)

I was born in the Patuxent River area - St. Marys County, Maryland. Specifically Pax River as it's known by some. I may have been born eating Blue Claws. We didn't stay there but for 7 years, but those Blue Claws are deep, deep in my memories.

I've been eating a lot of Dungess here on on the west coast, just isn't the same, but it's crab!

I love crab cakes! My mouth started watering just reading this and I just got done eating.

Everytime I've attempted to make them they fell apart. So once I tried using egg as a binder. Man, check minus.

I'm printing this recipe off for later.

-jim

Top Bottom