What's new

Muhle travelbrush

Hi there y'all wetshavers,

Please help me with my problem. Last year I bought a Muhle Travelbrush on EBay. But although it's size (you can pack the brush in the handle) is ideal for traveling I don't like the brush itself. It is pricking into my face, not comfortable at all. I think the hairs are cut into form. Does anybody have a cure for this. Treat it whit sandpaper :blink:

I've heard of some taking boar brushes and cutting the bristle down more and then sanding the hair to get the loft more to their desires, but to me it just seems to be a recipe asking for disaster mostly. Some people might be satisfied with the results, but it wouldn't be for everyone.

Don't press in hard with the brush while using it for a real simple suggestion. I've had some if you press in harder I can get that. You could consider sending it to someone to reknot the brush for you with a softer type of hair. Rudy Vey does excellent work! If all else fails, then I guess it would be buy another brush. That's all that comes to mind at the moment. Hope you find a solution to your problem!

I have a Muehle travel brush and don't find it to be that prickley. It is a floppy sucker though.

I retry it and see how it works. Haven't used it in a while.

If you are interested in an alternative, I have a Crabtree and Evelyn travel brush that is super soft. It fits into a tube with a screw on cap and does not take up much room in the shaving kit. I believe it is a rebadged Edwin Jagger so their model would likely be as soft.

Just retried my Muehle travel brush. Not as floppy as I remember, even though it does have some loft. It is a little prickley, but I really didn't mind it at all. It worked up a pretty good lather too.

I've been using a Simpson's Emperor 2 2 band for the past month. The Muehle was a nice departure.

You could try getting a Simpsons Case brush. As the name implies, it comes with a Case and I find Simpsons Best hair to be at least as good as Rooney Super.

Hi there y'all wetshavers,

Please help me with my problem. Last year I bought a Muhle Travelbrush on EBay. But although it's size (you can pack the brush in the handle) is ideal for traveling I don't like the brush itself. It is pricking into my face, not comfortable at all. I think the hairs are cut into form. Does anybody have a cure for this. Treat it whit sandpaper :blink:

I have a Muhle Travel brush myself and experience the same issue that it is very prickly, and I too do not like it. I've tried a number of things to make it better (not cutting and/or sandpapering though) and I still do not like the dang thing. Its hollow aluminum tube does not feel 'right' when I use the brush, like it is top heavy when the brush is in place for use. My cure... bite the big one, put it aside and buy a Case (and a Wee :wink2:).

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I have a Muhle Travel brush myself and experience the same issue that it is very prickly, and I too do not like it. I've tried a number of things to make it better (not cutting and/or sandpapering though) and I still do not like the dang thing. Its hollow aluminum tube does not feel 'right' when I use the brush, like it is top heavy when the brush is in place for use. My cure... bite the big one, put it aside and buy a Case (and a Wee :wink2:).

I couldn't figure out what the deal was with the unpopularity of the Muhle brush till I read your post and the aluminum thing clicked.

I have the chrome plated brass tube, which is quite heavy and feels great in the hand.

The brush isn't a chubby 1, but it is a travel brush after all, and feels quite nice to me.

Thanks for the responds guys. I think I'm spoiled with my Vulfix. The Muhle is supposed to be badger but I have my doubts. Well, there seems to be no other solution. Stick to the *****, or trow it away.:001_rolle Maybe I'll find my self another travelbrush.

Keep shaving!

Top Bottom