What's new

Fun With Shims

I do the same thing with my Weishi, and get great shaves with it now with the slight increase in blade gap.

huh, this could shed a whole new light on the variety of razors I already have. Would even make some of the less used ones become more versatile...Trying this tomorrow or Wednesday...
Thanks to 82R100, jlindy, & ibrewbeer, my Weishi could well come out of retirement... (Updates to follow).

Thanks to 82R100, jlindy, & ibrewbeer, my Weishi could well come out of retirement... (Updates to follow).

The way I shimmed my my Weishi was to sandwich the blade between two shims. A wide one on the bottom and a narrow one on top, but as always YMMV.

Chris,

How goes the experiment?

Temporarily on hold. I had participated in the "Use Only One Blade In Feb" challenge (in February, as it happens) and a couple of us decided to pick up where we left off. I'm on day #35 on a Personna 74 injector blade in an Eversharp Schick G1.

I'll resume with the shimmed Tech after the other guy blinks. :smile:

Reporting back.

This has been a very worthwhile experiment. The beauty of it is that I can use it in other DE razors as well, if I feel like it.

I have found no downside from this. If you decide you liked the razor better before you added the shim, take it out and you're back where you started.

- Chris

Top Bottom