What's new

Delicate vs strong soaps

I've been trying to figure out my soap classification. I much prefer soaps with a delicate and light fragrance, rather than those that seems to envelope and hang over me like a cloud after use.

So here's my classification with a few soaps:

Delicate: GFT Violet, TOBS Sandalwood, AOS Lavender
Strong: AOS Sandalwood, Cade

I've read so many good reports about AOS Sandalwood, but for me, it's just unpleasantly strong. And I've read so much about Tabac but fear I wouldn't like it as it probably also fits into the Strong category...

Make any sense to anybody? If so, could you help populate my classification to serve as a buyer's guide?!

I think this may be a bit difficult to define absolutely. Scent seems to be a very personal thing.

For example for me:

CADE is lightly scented.... where TABAC is stongly offensive...

ARKO is so strongly scented I have a hard time using it, but Speick which is also strongly scented, I find near perfect.

Delicate; PS Green Tea, MWF, Speick, Palmolive.
Strong; Tabac, Arko, Mama Bear offerings, C&E Nomad, Prairie Creations Rose, Proraso.

Now mind you I don't think any of the strong list is overwhelming, they just have a more powerful scent and none linger all day IMO.

Thanks Schwet and Leche.

Yes, this is very subjective. Agree about Cade; I had trouble deciding on where to put it as it's not that strong.

Mitchell's Wool Fat would be a good posiibility for you along with the Valobra shave stick. Both lightly scented (to me), both great soaps.

Personally, performance and quality-of-lather concern me foremost. Scent is a distant second.

If AOS Sandalwood and Cade are strong and you prefer delicate, don't let a puck of Tabac into your house. I love AOS Sandalwood and Cade and think of both of them as moderately scented - I get a great aroma from them when I start to work the lather and put it on my face. I can smell the Tabac when it's in a sealed soap dish and I walk into my bathroom :w00t:

For me:

Strong:
Mamma Bears Scented Soaps
Pirate's Cove Scented Soaps
The Gentlemen's Quarter Soaps
Tabac
Saint Charles Shave- Oakmoss Lavendula

Delicate:
Cella
Kell's Original

Top Bottom