What's new

Schick Injector Adjustable

I just got me one of them newfangled Adjustable Injector razors, and gave it a go with a Feather Pro Super blade loaded in. I did my usual prep and then lathered up, all ready to shave. I thought I'd move the dial up to the far end because that drops the front bar all the way down, similar to my primitive but much-loved brass-head G8 with the short little ribbed white plastic handle (with the Feather blades, of course). That way, I was expecting a similar shave to the old-timer.

I opened the Adjustable up all the way, did one side of my face and still saw whiskers as if nothing happened. My wife felt my face and said "Shave? What shave?" All the dang thing did was scrape off the lather and leave the beard hairs where they were. We were definitely not impressed.

It reminded me of the time when I was about six and my dad and I were in the bathroom together while he was shaving with his old Gillette DE. I asked him for a squirt of foam, put it on my smooth young face, and scraped that foam off with the cap from a bottle of bubble bath, pretending I, too, was shaving like my dad, and giving him some chuckles in the process.

Frankly, my opinion of this gadget is that it's a piece of Schick. I'm sure somebody somewhere has the technique for this thing all figured out and can use it to get a nice smooth shave, but for me and my house, we shall continue to be served by the late-1940s G8 that I've come to be able to get BBS conditions with, and my Quattro, which, being my only concession to the modern multi-blade cartridge "systems", gives a beautifully smooth shave. Other than that, I don't need anything else. My wife is also a Quattro Girl (but she's got the Lady's version, which is pink - mine is midnight blue and chrome). That's all we need in our place for shaving gear.

The Adjustable's going back on eBay faster than you can say Jack Robinson. I don't need the silly thing, but I'm sure it'll work for someone else. Such was my brief experience with it.

Furnaceman,
I enjoyed reading your post very much. You sound like a guy who knows what he wants out of life. Welcome to Badger & Blade and keep posting!!

Try it with regular Schick blades. I think there is a problem using the Feather Pro Super blades, they don't really fit right. I've had good results with the Feather Pro Guard blades in the same razor, though. Good luck.

Top Bottom