What's new

Selective Professional Tools pakistani, augh

B

bluefoxicy

So, sitting on my bathroom floor for a year, by where I get out of the shower (puddle, humidity), it didn't rust.

At all.

Holy crap this metal is hard.

I'm not sure I can set a bevel with a 4000 grit Norton, and I need to. The thing is blunt. The very edge is starting to polish up on the Norton 4k but I can tell the bevel's uneven, because there's a line that's polishing up and there's a bunch of garbage around it that's rough.

Time to throw $30 at a Japanese King 1k/6k?

I've gotten part of the blade to barely cut arm hair, sometimes. Maybe it'll take a vague edge off the 4k, and crumble apart going higher; the metal's very hard but it feels... well, stiff. It doesn't feel very ductile at all. It should be just slightly flexible, enough to not be brittle but still very hard. It feels like it has a ceramic-like hardness.

Just because I figured I'd try to hone the Pakistani razor up and see if it works, at all.

If it's a zeepk, chances are, you are wasting valuable stone wear, Although, with the absolute pi$$ poor QC they have, every once in a while they might just make a razor with some amazing steel and edge holding capabilities.

FWIW, I tried to hone two, one took a "knife sharp" edge, the other wouldn't get sharp even after attacking it with a 325 grit DMT.

I wouldn't spend $30 on hones if they're only to test a $5 razor. You can bevel on a 4k with a little work. Use that money to go towards a better razor.

They ( the selectives) are great razors for putting in your tackle box and using to cut bait! :wink2: As far as wasting time and resources to hone one it would be better spent on an antique store find that shows some promise. IMHO. :001_rolle

Top Bottom