What's new

Lord Razord blades--Just bad or the worst blade on the planet?

I got 3 packs of free Lords an some order a while back and finally got around to trying them. Horrible. Have you used a worse blade?

Just tried a Lord Chrome from a sampler pack, and I'm inclined to agree with you. It tugged and just felt terrible. I switched it out mid-shave for a Crystal, and order was restored.

Actually most are worse since I like them very much, especially the Lord Super Stainless which is one of my all time favs. I have to admit that I like Merkur blades too (to put things into perspective), just as Souplex, Elios and NOS Schick Platinum Plus blades. But the Lords are my go-to blade!

YMMV :001_rolle

Maybe not the worst, but they sure are up there (or down there...) with the worst. A horrible blade!
Very strange since the same maker makes one of the smoothest ever, the Shark.

I used the Lord blade(chrome I believe) that came with my lord tech that was ok nothing special better than a derby, but those were a complete disaster for me. I love sharks:thumbup1:

In my experience the worst blade ever is the Vidyut Super-Max. I haven't yet tried cutting a beer can in half and using that to shave, but I imagine it would be a similar experience - maximum roughness and minimum hair removal. In fact after I had a shave with a Super-Max and hopped into bed, my wife asked, "aren't you going to shave tonight?"

My experience with the 3 versions of Lord blades I tried... :mad3:
I will never load any razor I own with a Lord blade ever again. I would prefer ANY disposable razor to the Lord blades and would go without shaving if that was the only selection available.

It may not be the utmost worst blade IMO as I am sure there are others out there just as bad or worse, but I will not even buy a sampler pack if it has a Lord as part of it. :thumbdown

Lord Platinums are my current go-to blade. Plenty sharp and very smooth. The worst blades for me so far have been the Dollar Store Dorcos. Wilkinson Swords were a disappointment as well.

Lord makes at least 12-13 models of blade under 7 or 8 different brand names. They come in 3 or 4 different levels of quality/performance.

I was impressed enough with the Shark Super Stainless to buy a stash, at a price lower than just about any other Lord model. Have also had good luck with the Rainbow and the ASCO Orange. The Lord Platinum sounds like it's at a similar level of quality.

I've also used the Silver Star, Crown, and one or two others that gave acceptable shaves.

As always with blades, YMMV.

I have read somewhere that there is a lot of counterfeit Lord around. It could account for the different experiences.

Lord Platinums are my current go-to blade. Plenty sharp and very smooth. The worst blades for me so far have been the Dollar Store Dorcos. Wilkinson Swords were a disappointment as well.

+1 My current Blade of choice.

Most of Lord blades are pretty much not good in my opinion, not enough sharp and too much drag.
The only exception is the Lord Platinium that are quite good.

Shark razor blades are very good and it's my understanding they are made by Lord. Many manufacturers make blades at different levels of quality. For example, Treet makes some mediocre blades but they also make blades like the Treet Platinum Super Stainless, which is a very good blade.

Top Bottom