What's new

Top Three Razors

1)New Deluxe
2)New Deluxe
3)New Deluxe

Why you ask? IMO....perfect combination of aggressiveness, smoothness, and has just enough heft that you dont have to do the work. I used to be scared of open combs but honestly you have to be real pressed to cut yourself even with a mediocre technique.

If it were only three, I'd want some variety, and wouldn't necessarily go for the three absolutely best. So I'd put a DE in there, despite increasingly preferring SE and injectors. These are all great shavers.
  1. Schick G1 injector
  2. Gem 1912
  3. Gillette Short Comb New

Interesting you post this the same day I decided I'm selling off all my razors but 3.

Merkur gold Slant (because no other razor shaves like it, and I use it 25 - 27 days out of a month)

Merkur gold HD (because it compliments the Slant nicely, and it is nice for 2nd to 4th passes on a Sunday morning 4 pass shave)

Z-3 Flare Tip (because I use it once or twice a month, but moreso because it was gifted to me and I'll never sell it)

I'm older and more interested in CCS than BBS. My top 3 razors (based on comfort) are:

1) '40's style SuperSpeed
2) '59 ball-end Tech
3) Merkur HD 34G

I guess at some point I should reply to my own thread. My top three, in no particular order, would be:
1.Gillette Slim--I've got a super-adjustable and love it, but I prefer the metal handle. A very versatile, smooth razor.
2.Gillette ball-end Tech--Simple, elegant, smooth, and effective. A timeless classic.
3.New Improved Bostonian--My Holy Grail. I think it's a gorgeous razor, and very well presented in the metal case. I also have it on good authority that they are excellent shavers, though I don't have one.

GEM 1912
New Standard / Bostonian / Richwood
1930's open comb Aristocrat

These three razors have consistently shave me better than any others. I'd really struggle if I had to pick one of them over the other two. Very honorable mentions go to the Aristocrat Junior and the Senator. Both excellent razors but I just couldn't squeeze them into my top three.

Fatboy - The weight and the adjustability!
New - Open Comb goodness possibly the best OC razor
Merkur 34C - No matter how good my shaves are with my collection of vintages I always revisit the 34C

WOW, so many 1912s on here. I recently picked one up, but haven't had a chance to use it yet. Same goes for a the Slants. I'll have to get them washed up and in the lineup soon.

For now, though, here goes:

1. Gillette Slim Adjustable - My favorite shaver.
2. Gillette Red Tip - I consistently get BBS with this razor and a Feather or Astra SP.
3. Gillette Sheraton - Gotta save some love for the OC. I like it better than my Flare Tip.

1. EJ DE89 (Chatsworth) - quality, consistent shaves
2. Schick Krona - really nice, very smooth
3. Gillette Tech - close shaves, solid feel

Top Bottom