What's new

Flattening waterstones with 6" Diasharp?

I want to purchase an 8" Diasharp but I am on a budget and cheap.

Would a 6"DMT Diasharp Coarse be able to flatten a Shapton 1000k and a King 4000k pretty easily?

I am just worried that a 6" would be a pain in the butt to use to flatten since it is smaller than the water stones.

I am just worried that a 6" would be a pain in the butt to use to flatten since it is smaller than the water stones.

I think you're right. Why don't you use wet/dry abrasive paper on a stone countertop or glass table top until you can afford a hone of the right length?

On another forum someone recommended throwing some mason's sand on a flat surface and lapping like that. Do you think this would work?

On another forum someone recommended throwing some mason's sand on a flat surface and lapping like that. Do you think this would work?

I haven't got the foggiest idea. Sound's like 600 grit abrasive paper would be less messy because I use a glass table top in the living room.

I've been using a DMT6C for quite some time now. Yes, I wish I had gotten a bigger one, but it works just fine. Once you get the initial lapping done, subsequent lappings take hardly any time at all.

Top Bottom