What's new

lathercatcher information

I don't think that's considered a lather catcher, but a 1912-type patent. Gents, please correct me if I'm wrong.

It does take SE blades, but if you haven't used a SE razor before, be sure to read up on them while you are waiting for your package to arrive. :biggrin1:

Edit: I was wrong: 1914.

It is a patent 1914 Ever-Ready. Some folks refer to it as the "little lather catcher" because of its styling. It uses regular SE blades. The one in the auction appears to be the version with short blade stops. Old SE blades had a thicker spine which angled the edge of the blade downward. Sometimes, with modern SE blades, the edge of the blade can ride over the stops. Lightly forcing the stops upward from the backside can help if this is the situation.

-Clarke

It is a patent 1914 Ever-Ready. Some folks refer to it as the "little lather catcher" because of its styling. It uses regular SE blades. The one in the auction appears to be the version with short blade stops. Old SE blades had a thicker spine which angled the edge of the blade downward. Sometimes, with modern SE blades, the edge of the blade can ride over the stops. Lightly forcing the stops upward from the backside can help if this is the situation. We recently had a discussion about 1914 blade stops here.

-Clarke

Top Bottom