What's new

Homemade Bay Rum!

I finished making my own aftershave! It smells so darn good I wanna eat myself! I used a 6oz Sake glass bottle to store it. Here's a pic:
proxy.php

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I finished making my own aftershave! It smells so darn good I wanna eat myself! I used a 6oz Sake glass bottle to store it. Here's a pic:
proxy.php

Ain't this fun?

Those poor saps with their Fusion, and Gel and Axe just don't know what they are missing!!! :w00t:

Cool,
how have you done it?
I used the recipe from AoM http://artofmanliness.com/2010/01/21/diy-bay-rum-aftershave/
Nice bottle. Gotta love the DIY spirit. What did you put in there?
Cinnamon,allspice,bay leaves,orange zest,vodka 6oz,dark rum 2oz. I let it sit for around 2 weeks then ran it thorugh a coffee filter and bottled it
Ain't this fun?

Those poor saps with their Fusion, and Gel and Axe just don't know what they are missing!!! :w00t:

yup.

I did something similar and was going to share it, but I got greedy and kept it all to myself because I like it so much... I used more rum but I'm going to cut it with some perfumer's alcohol. I also added witch hazel. It really doesn't burn much at all.

Nice! I used the same recipe a few couple months ago! The Bay oil works great! You can get it in herb and natural food shops. SWMBO loves the scent. Plus, since I don't drink I've got enough rum and vodka to make enough to last till I die!

The bay leaves in bay rum are from the tropical tree, Pimenta Racemosa.

It is not from the same tree as the bay leaf used in cooking. If I lived in a tropical climate, I would try a back yard tree :).

The correct fragrant plant is sold on ebay in a 3.5" starter pot for ten bux.

I wonder how they would do under grow lights? Maybe similar to other 'potted plants' ppl grow in their homes under light.
Sue

what did is the following:

2 sticks of cinnamon
1 orange zest of one huge orange
4 Bay leaves
1 teaspoon of allspice (next time I'll try cloves)

I then put all this in a coffee grinder and ground them to a fine powder(to get all the essential oils out). I put this powder in a jelly glass jar then added the 4oz vodka and 2 oz rum. shaken and left in an obscure place for two weeks.

I took a shower then put some of my homemade Bay Rum. My wife smelled me then gave me a puzzling look smelled me, then gave me a nice kiss.... and then another kiss and another one.

Cinnamon,allspice,bay leaves,orange zest,vodka 6oz,dark rum 2oz. I let it sit for around 2 weeks then ran it thorugh a coffee filter and bottled it

Right thats me off to the shops then.... I'm definately gonna have to try it, could mean some cheap christmas presents this year.... :D

Tom

That looks like its ready to drink!!
Im gonna try this recipe. Just got to make sure i have extra rum, cuz with two ounces I wont have enough leftover to use after I make my drink! :thumbup1:
by the way, what kind of rum did you use? Brand?

The Captain of course...lol:thumbup:

HAHA i should have guessed. I will for sure need a few extra ounces then. i wonder what kind of a diffrence it would make to use a diffrent rum say Kraken? would it just be a smell and color diffrence?

Top Bottom