What's new

Georgetown Pottery Scuttle

Just got my new scuttle and took it out for a test drive. I used hot water from the wife's tea kettle. Hot wash cloth as prep. Tempered the water in the bowl and let my brush soak while I soaked my face. Poured the water out of the bowl and proceeded to build my lather in the scuttle. As it was my first time, I know the quality of my lather will improve. That being said, I had one of the best shaves I have gotten to date. A wonderful warm lather for three plus passes using my Futur and Lord Platinum blade.
Can't wait to shave again.

I love my G5. A lot of people around here are always running it down, but I like it. I also use my tea kettle to warm the scuttle, filling both the reservoir and the bowl. I drop my brush into the bowl, shower, dump the bowl, drain the brush, then load and lather. I'm still trying to dial in the amount of water for each of my products, but I'm getting closer.

Use it in good health!:thumbup:

Oh, and that warm lather? To DIE for!

Last edited:
Glad you like it. I always find that warm lather from a scuttle makes my shaves more enjoyable.

I've resisted buying anything else since I started DE shaving, but I love the feel of warm lather and those scuttles are starting to call my name.

Red, when you finally settle on a scuttle, would you do me a favor? Resist the urge to ride down "the other" scuttles, indicating that yours is the best. Nothing on this site bothers me more than seeing people run down the G5 as "inadequate" when it's a perfectly functional piece of kit. Do the other brands have different selling points? Sure. But the G5 works fine, and keeps lather warm, too.

That's my one peeve around here.:sneaky2:

Red, when you finally settle on a scuttle, would you do me a favor? Resist the urge to ride down "the other" scuttles, indicating that yours is the best. Nothing on this site bothers me more than seeing people run down the G5 as "inadequate" when it's a perfectly functional piece of kit. Do the other brands have different selling points? Sure. But the G5 works fine, and keeps lather warm, too.

That's my one peeve around here.:sneaky2:

I'm one of those guys who has "ridden down" the G5. Sorry if I've offended you. Just trying to give others who might be considering which one to buy some opinions after using several different models.

The G5 is a fine scuttle. Other scuttles have some different attributes. Again, sorry if I offended you.

The G5 is also a great looking piece of hand-made pottery. A very nice addition to the den. I did look at others. I wanted one I could build lather in, as well as, one that keeps your brush and lather nice and warm.

I'm one of those guys who has "ridden down" the G5. Sorry if I've offended you. Just trying to give others who might be considering which one to buy some opinions after using several different models.

The G5 is a fine scuttle. Other scuttles have some different attributes. Again, sorry if I offended you.

No offense taken, truly, and I appreciate your concern. I thank you for that.

Now, to clarify my point, I appreciate the (several) point-by-point analyses of the different scuttles. I just don't like "That one sucks, this other one is better!" type of comments. Each has it's own best points, and no one will fill everybody's needs. The G5 fills mine perfectly fine, and SWMBO was most approving of the looks. :lol: That was an important consideration, you know? :thumbup:

No offense taken, truly, and I appreciate your concern. I thank you for that.

Now, to clarify my point, I appreciate the (several) point-by-point analyses of the different scuttles. I just don't like "That one sucks, this other one is better!" type of comments. Each has it's own best points, and no one will fill everybody's needs. The G5 fills mine perfectly fine, and SWMBO was most approving of the looks. :lol: That was an important consideration, you know? :thumbup:

I know what you mean. Heaven forbid our toys clash with the decor. :lol:

I know what you mean. Heaven forbid our toys clash with the decor. :lol:

I can agree with this so much. I had already ordered my G5 before we redid the decor in the bathroom I use. When the G5 arrived it didn't match the new redo, and since I leave it out all the time SWMBO didn't like the color. Sooooo, onto B/S/T it went after only 2 shaves. It sold right away, and I got another make of scuttle in the right color. The new one is great, but the G5 was a fine scuttle too. :001_rolle :w00t:

Top Bottom