What's new

Acquisitions 29th March - 4th April

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up an E1 Fatboy at an antique shop today for $12. About 30 minutes of cleaning later, and it looks great. Missing some of the paint from the numbers, but it's definitely a keeper!

First shave with a Fatboy today, and I must say that I now understand why people are willing to pay so much for them. Glad I got that quality for just $12. Awesome!

proxy.php

It's just after midnight here in Melbourne so it's officially Monday morning.

My e-mail has just informed me that I've won the auction for this razor.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I'm guessing it's a miss match of the head and the handle. The head looks like a New but the handle looks like a 1950's British Tech. It looks like a pretty good razor to me though.

I posted my most recent finds (yesterday) in another thread. They included the Foldabrush, A never used Autostrop ( with the inspectors stamp from 1910) a brass Kewtie and an Eversharp , nice chrome in a white case.
Well here they are with their new family of friends. I started collecting about 2 months ago so the "collection" is a bit varied at this point and I need to start finding the little details to complete some sets. You know, blade packs, injector packs etc. But I like to think I'm off to a decent start with some variety to choose from. I'll keep working at it and have leads on several other collections that I think I'll pick up soon. Now, if the books I've ordered would just arrive so I can start cataloging these and get more accurate dates and descriptions ( and If I'd just stop running out and buying wasting time) I could do that. And for now I won't start to describe everything here as I'm certain you guys know what you're looking at probably better than I do. But if something strikes your fancy I'll do what I can to photo, or describe it better.
Thank goodness the RAD hasn't hit me yet like it has some of you guys. I'm still in control.

Last edited:
Give me a little time guys,, I've got some in my sights.
This FB I don't think has been used, so, gotta' have one to use regularly,,But before I start gettings duplicates there are more I need to round out the selection. I'm working on it. Slow but surely I'll get there.
And why is it, some of the British pieces just seem to have a little something extra?

Last edited:
Well please post some photos of the bakelite cased razor that some state is a #77 so we can see if that style handle does come with a 2-piece razor. It may be called a #77, but is it also a 2-piece razor? That will be so interesting to see.

Thanks and congratulations!

Well please post some photos of the bakelite cased razor that some state is a #77 so we can see if that style handle does come with a 2-piece razor. It may be called a #77, but is it also a 2-piece razor? That will be so interesting to see.

Thanks and congratulations!

I certainly will. I don't see how it could be a two piece looking at the design of it though. It would have to be a three piece.

This is the ad that is linked by Aaron622

proxy.php

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom