What's new

Some one's taking an interest

The other day me and my girlfriend where in a rush to get out of the house and off to work. She was putting on her make up while I was shaving, when she noticed that some thing was different. She stopped doing what ever it was she was doing with that powder and started watching me strop a blade, lather up and shave. She asked a couple of questions like: "is that one of those old school razor things?", "Whats that leather thing do?" and "Most guys don't use those right?".

Since then she has been finding a reason to be in the room when I'm shaving and watches intently. Its kinda weirding me out, she says its "interesting".

Any of you other guys other halves like to watch?

She tells me I take longer in the bathroom than her, I've tried shaving her legs for her to show her how to use the Lady Gillette I got for her. But no she doesn't like to watch, and I'd probably feel the same way as you if she did.

yep, the other day my wife was asking about how I knew how much cream and water to do when building a lather and about why I did multiple passes in different directions.

The other day me and my girlfriend where in a rush to get out of the house and off to work. She was putting on her make up while I was shaving, when she noticed that some thing was different. She stopped doing what ever it was she was doing with that powder and started watching me strop a blade, lather up and shave. She asked a couple of questions like: "is that one of those old school razor things?", "Whats that leather thing do?" and "Most guys don't use those right?".

Since then she has been finding a reason to be in the room when I'm shaving and watches intently. Its kinda weirding me out, she says its "interesting".

C Reed,

Play this for all its worth!!

I think it is fantastic that she is intrigued enough to sit and watch you shave!!

Take the hint and offer to shave her legs, I'm sure it will be something she won't soon forget. For some women watching men doing manly things, for lack of a better term, really gets them going.

I learned early on that my wife would be much more supportive of my "hobby" if she was a part of it. The first time I lathered and shaved her legs...she was smitten. From then on, shaving was A-O-K!

Good luck.

My girlfriend likes to watch me shave - im still working on getting the green light for her legs though

You lucky rotter! :w00t:

My wife doesnt dare watch me shaving with my straight. She thinks its dangerous
and expects me to peel off my face everytime. (no confidence in me :wink2:)

This is a good thing...don't go screwing it up by getting weirded out!!
Do you know how many guys would kill to be in your position. She is appreciating your hobby, OPENLY, and by proxy, YOU!!! And if you are lucky, IF... it is as baba says and it is getting her all hot and bothered. MAN, nothing like kicking a good gift-horse right in the mouth.

You should let her smell all your soaps, creams, aftershaves, and colognes. Show her how to strop. Lather her up, and let the good times roll. If you play your cards right, a month or two down the line...she might even be competent enough about it to shave your face for you, and like doing it!!!!!!

My wife likes the lathering part (not so much the actual shaving). Its gotten to the point where she will want to apply said lather to my face herself :thumbup:. I'm working on teaching her to build a good lather herself.

The great thing about having a SWMBO that takes an interest in this hobby is that she gets genuinely excited about trying new soaps and creams.

Now if I could only get her interested in the shaving part I could kick my RAD into high gear.

spiffy

At first my wife thought I was crazy shaving with a straight. Now I notice her watching out of the corner of her eye while she's getting ready. She even let me whip us some lather for shaving her legs the other day and used one of my DE's for it.

Seems it isn't so crazy anymore. :biggrin1:

Yup. I enjoy watching DH shave. It just looks awesome, plus afterward he smells good, feels good, and can nuzzle me without leaving red marks. What's not to like? The bathroom in our apartment, while tiny, has 1930's blue and black tile, which goes nicely with the whole vintage shaving angle. If I could just get him in some suspenders and a fedora, I'd be all set. :)

If you play your cards right, a month or two down the line...she might even be competent enough about it to shave your face for you, and like doing it!!!!!!

Yeah really not in to that, at all, like not even a little bit.

For me the wet shaving thing is like a ritual, something I do every day that is like telling my body/ mind: "Ok, yesterday is over, now here is some thing relatively simple but requires focus to clear your mind and start today" While toweling/ lathering up/ shaving is one of the only times of my day that I'm not thinking of anything but the task at hand, its a simple grounding routine in a complex world. How am I supposed do that with some one hanging out watching me?

Top Bottom