What's new

Who's Mightier?

Here's a game I like to play Mrs. Rughi: Who's Mightier?

It's a bit of a Calvin Ball type of game, as the criteria for selection can shift at whim. You choose one of the two competitors and state why they are the mightier of the two.

Please state your choice and reason(s). Visual aids are encouraged. After a sufficient number of people make the case for their favorite, the originator of the challenge will declare a winner. The winner may then pose the next challenge.

I'll start:
Who's Mightier?

Sean Connery
proxy.php

OR

Charlton Heston
proxy.php

As is obvious to all, they're both very sexy men. :w00t:
What say you?

Roger

Last edited:
Sean Connery is mighter...

Because there can be only one!

SeanMcKay
Absolutely! This hadn't occurred to me, but it is unassailable logic.
However, unfortunately it comes as the reserve champion.

Sean Connery. Charlton Heston could not pull off that outfit. :lol:
Sean Connery as a retro-future pirate member of the Village People? Who would have thought it? In the tradition of the shifting rules of Calvin Ball, "pulling off that outfit" has won the day. Well played!

We await you proposing the next challenge of Who's Mightier

Roger

Last edited:
Who's More Hilarious?

Kenneth the Page

proxy.php

or

proxy.php

Kosmo Kramer?

I had to look up the rules for Calvinball to make sure I didn't follow them. I think I succeeded.

I await your answers.

Last edited:
While he is known for toiling in that city of degraded humanity, Kenneth the Page is actually from the Real America
proxy.php

Very wholesome, indeed.

Cosmo Kramer
, on the other hand, is a seasoned thespian from the left coast with all the pink champagne on ice and mission bells ringing, and whatever else have you. He's been in the most creepy and decadent of situations, as depicted in the 1976 documentary by David Lynch.
proxy.php

Yep. Sad but true.

Who would you entrust with the sacred charge of bring hilarity to your home?
I say: Kenneth the Page!

Kramer. Definitely Kramer.
He is slapstick comedy to my generation - when he slips on the golf ball he's been putting in Peterman's office, well, it just doesn't get much better than that.

It's like saying Simpsons vs Family Guy - people these days say FG is funnier, but Simpsons is an institution (and, like TV in the show itself, the Simpsons spent so much more time raising me than my parents :D)
Seinfeld is an institution.
Kramer is an insitution.
Kramer for the win.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I gotta throw in with Kramer, if only because I just wanna smack the crap out of the other guy.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Three choices here...

Simon Templar - The Saint

Val Kilmer in Film

Roger Moore on Television

Vincent Price on the Radio

Vincent Price - the voice! He can create the mood in the saint with no visuals that will paint a more vivid picture than can be portrayed on screen (we studied the various media in which the series was produced in English in high school.) You just cannot beat it (nor his work with Cushing and Lee)

Leaving lepidoptera - please, don't touch the display, little boy, how cute. Moving to the next aisle we have arachnida, the spiders, our.. finest collection. This friendly little devil is the heptophilidi, unfortunately harmless. Next to him, the nasty lycosa raptoria, his tiny fangs cause creeping ulcerations of the skin. And here, my prize, the Black Widow. Isn't she lovely?... and so deadly. Her kiss is fifteen times as poisonous as that of the rattlesnake. You see her venom is highly neuro toxic, which is to say that it attacks the central nervous system causing intense pain, profuse sweating, difficulty in breathing, loss of consciousness, violent convulsions and, finally... death. You know what I think I love the most about her is her inborn need to dominate, possess. In fact, immediately after the consummation of her marriage to the smaller and weaker male of the species she kills and eats him - oh, she is delicious... and I hope he was! Such power and dignity - unhampered by sentiment. If I may put forward a slice of personal philosophy, I feel that man has ruled this world as a stumbling demented child-king long enough! And as his empire crumbles, my precious Black Widow shall rise as his most fitting successor!

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Vincent Price - the voice! He can create the mood in the saint with no visuals that will paint a more vivid picture than can be portrayed on screen (we studied the various media in which the series was produced in English in high school.) You just cannot beat it (nor his work with Cushing and Lee)

Leaving lepidoptera - please, don't touch the display, little boy, how cute. Moving to the next aisle we have arachnida, the spiders, our.. finest collection. This friendly little devil is the heptophilidi, unfortunately harmless. Next to him, the nasty lycosa raptoria, his tiny fangs cause creeping ulcerations of the skin. And here, my prize, the Black Widow. Isn't she lovely?... and so deadly. Her kiss is fifteen times as poisonous as that of the rattlesnake. You see her venom is highly neuro toxic, which is to say that it attacks the central nervous system causing intense pain, profuse sweating, difficulty in breathing, loss of consciousness, violent convulsions and, finally... death. You know what I think I love the most about her is her inborn need to dominate, possess. In fact, immediately after the consummation of her marriage to the smaller and weaker male of the species she kills and eats him - oh, she is delicious... and I hope he was! Such power and dignity - unhampered by sentiment. If I may put forward a slice of personal philosophy, I feel that man has ruled this world as a stumbling demented child-king long enough! And as his empire crumbles, my precious Black Widow shall rise as his most fitting successor!

I deem that no sound argument proposed by anyone could top that discourse.

As such you win, and it is your turn.

Thank you.

Top Bottom