What's new

Be-Bop's Entry into the B&B Hall of Fame

Hey Guys;
Just wanted to say hi and thanks for all the info. I've been reading this site obsessively since I decided to get back into Traditional shaving last Nov.
I started shaving in the '60's, and learned from my DAD. I was very lucky in that my Pop took his quality time in the mornings very seriously, and since I was very interested in what he was doing, he took the time to teach me what he knew. Of course as the years went by and we got busier and busier, and for one reason or another, my Dad and I both went the way of the Track IIs, etc. etc. and drop the morning ritual and you know the drill.
Now many decades later, I was reading about the new popularity of DE Shaving, surfed the web, found you guys, got fired up...Bought a Ming-Shi down the street, some Perma-Sharp Super blades, got a good enough shave to trash my Mach 3, and gave my Fusion to a piano player I work with ( I'm a Jazz musician). 2 weeks later, one of my music students, who found out I was rehooked on the DE shaving thing, laid a, like "mint" Gillette 1965 Slim Adjustable on me as a gift...Man, it was Deja vu...As I stood in front of the sink loosening the handle to drop in a new blade, I felt like I was back in my parents house holding my then new Slim in the '60s, back with an old friend, and it was also kind of like renewing a bond with my late father... It was a great feeling... and a GREAT SHAVE...one of the best shaves of my life.
Next day, gave the Ming-Shi to a friend who was using a plastic Wilkinson Classic and he is very happy about that...And now no looking back...no remorse over lost years chasing the "multi-bladed" ghost. The future looks bright for many BBS's ahead :))
Nice to be here.

yes, welcome to B and B . I too felt the connection to my father. I just inhenerited his badger. My sons look at me with big eyes.

Welcome aboard! Glad to have you along! Any clips of you playing?
I want to thank all of you guys, for the warm welcome...Looking forward to working with all you cats towards that elusive "Barber-Shop" Shave at home...And dod. don't worry, theres more of my music on the web, than you probably want to hear :)) I'll link you later...Thanks

I started shaving in the '60's, and learned from my DAD. I was very lucky in that my Pop took his quality time in the mornings very seriously, and since I was very interested in what he was doing, he took the time to teach me what he knew.

Be-Bop,

Welcome to Badger & Blade!!!

This is some good stuff here! I really want to develope these types of memories in my own son. Thanks for posting!

DL

Top Bottom