What's new

How obsessed are you?

How many hours do you spend per week on shaving related activity? This includes: shaving, pre/post shave,creams/soaps, razor maintenance/honing, razor collecting, shopping for shaving stuff, participating in shaving forums, etc. Moderators can also include the time that they spend running shaving forums.

I think my weekly total is 14 hours.

----Michael

My guess is closer to 10 Hours. Now if you include how many hours I spent thinking about shaving and how much and what I can buy to sasitfy my RAD, then it could go to 100 hours. Good thread!!:clap:

I just started and i would say this week probably about 12 hours. That is insane! I didnt even know this kind of stuff existed about 2 weeks ago.

I've been trying to come up with a routine that allows me to 'Get It Done' within a 1/2 hour to 45 minutes, so my time for the week is around the 7 hour mark.

I estimate 12 hours per week. Now, what was I doing with those hours before all this started? Let's see...About an hour per week with the Braun electric. That leaves 11 hours. Hmmmm...Oh who knows? Whatever I was doing couldn't have been this much fun!:wink:

I dare not consider the amount of time that I spend on it all, or I might have to seek out professional help.

Between the two hours a day on the forums/eBay/shopping, and the 40 minutes or so shaving in the morning, I approach about 18 hours a week. But surprisingly to me, my other activities don't seem to be suffering. :thumbup1:

I'm with BroJohn on this, I don't want to think about it.

But since I thought about it anyway:

Somewhere around 10-15 hours a week on B&B and SRP, and 30 minutes or so each day to shave, a couple of minutes each day to update my shave diary, recording the products and techniques I used and the results.

It's more time than I can justify to myself, but I enjoy it.

How many hours do you spend per week on shaving related activity? This includes: shaving, pre/post shave,creams/soaps, razor maintenance/honing, razor collecting, shopping for shaving stuff, participating in shaving forums, etc. Moderators can also include the time that they spend running shaving forums.

I think my weekly total is 14 hours.

----Michael

Thinking about it, Yes, it must be around 14 hours :blush:

Yes, time spent on B&B does count. And practice lathering too. Especially if you then practice shave with your practice lather.

Hopefully soon someone will respond with a higher total than me. Otherwise I will have to revise my total downward. Maybe some of the guys with 3000+ posts can make me feel better by posting their totals.

------Michael

Since the time spent on a "non-destructive" (ie: positive) persuit is well spent, I absolutely refuse to measure it... :biggrin:

Between actual shaving, keeping track of all the forums I visit, and video work I'd say about 20 hours/week.

Obsessed? I've been called worse. :biggrin1:

--Mark

I'm pretty obsessed at this point. Three razors, lots of blade and cream samples and lots of posts here. But it'll level off. I did the same thing with telescopes and motorcycles and mountaineering and investing, etc. I tend to completely immerse my self in a subject until I feel like I have a good knowledge base. Then the obsession dies down as my knowledge grows but by that point I feel like I have a pretty good base. My interest in all the aforementioned subjects remains, I just don't need to be as obsessive about it after a while. I still post at other boards on varying subjects and i like this community so i'll probably be here for a long time.

Top Bottom