What's new

Other forums

Just wanted to share an observation, and a well deserved kudos to B&B members.

I am a member of other forums (club touareg, snuson, aom). I honestly think here and AOM are the best, and here is why- no "flamewars". People here are honest, nice people who never intend to judge or insult eachother, and are gathered around something that they enjoy. They don't attack others or "catch a tude" in the tone they post in.

I was parusing another shaving site for more info on something, and you know what- I noticed that was not the case at all. Many of you here are also members of that other forum and I am sure you know what I am talking about.

But before I digress, the intent of this was not to bash the other forum, rather to commend the folks here for always taking the high road and taking a genuine interest in the success and feelings of others, even when they ask the same question that has been asked and answered numerous times before without skipping a beat.

Thanks!!!!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
We all can get excited from time to time, and in the heat of the moment, say something that could have been worded better, but you are right, B&B is a very civil place, and the Mods here do a great job of policing the threads to keep everything on the "up and up".

We all can get excited from time to time, and in the heat of the moment, say something that could have been worded better, but you are right, B&B is a very civil place, and the Mods here do a great job of policing the threads to keep everything on the "up and up".

Agreed. It is a great place.

What he said. :thumbup1:

B&B is terrifically civil and the mods do a fine job. I frequent another board that's mostly civil, but passions run deep and arguments break out. Which can be entertaining now and then.

B&B is the most civil and polite forum that I visit and it's helped my own behavior on other sites. Many times if I find myself in a discussion I do as much as I can to write something in a civil manner.

I frequent a Canon photography forum that is wonderful in most ways, but you wouldn't believe the anger that comes out on crucial issues like whether to use a protective filter.:blink:

There are other forums? :confused1

Yeah- and you know who one of the most off-putting posts were from? (I only read two like that and left)

One of the Mods.

I certainly recognize the need to delete posts, move things, and keep people in check from time to time- but some people just do not have people skills....

I believe that when all is said and done and we've had our disagreements, we always go back to the common thread that binds us.

B&B is by far the most civil I have ever ran across. I used to be a heavy user of another board.. (different AD) and got sick and tired of the Flame wars and personal attacks that I have not returned.... Here's to B&B

When I speak on a forum I try to speak as I would to a person I was sharing a coffee or a beer with. On other forums I use some posters seem to forget they are interacting with real people and become "keyboard warriors" and I find these kind of people an annoyance. Basically if you speak to others as you would like to be spoken to then everyone should get on fine. Also kudos to the mods here; they do seem to run a tight ship.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Yeah- and you know who one of the most off-putting posts were from? (I only read two like that and left)

One of the Mods.

I certainly recognize the need to delete posts, move things, and keep people in check from time to time- but some people just do not have people skills....

Couldn't have been me. :001_rolle

Top Bottom