What's new

Lamy Safari Fountain Pen

Gents, this past weekend I was at the mall with my girlfriend. While she was at Victoria's Secret, I wandered over to Paradise Pens to check out some Visconti and Dunhill pens. They are currently running a 15% discount on most pens. I was not in the market for pens but did pick up this cool demonstrator Safari. Not bad for $25 with discount.

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the Lamy Vista. Same as a Safari, just completely see-through. Just got my yellow Safari today! It's bloody brilliant!

I've got the Safari in charcoal filled with Noodler's Zhivago ink. It's sturdy and works great.

If you want to really get your Pen Acquisition Disorder going take a look at jetpens.com/.

Just got home from a trip and opened up my new Lamy aluminum Safari. Very cool pen but I neglected to get the converter. Does anyone know of any national retail outlets that sell Lamy? I can't see spending 7-9 $ in shipping to get a $5 converter. Thanks guys!

Just got home from a trip and opened up my new Lamy aluminum Safari. Very cool pen but I neglected to get the converter. Does anyone know of any national retail outlets that sell Lamy? I can't see spending 7-9 $ in shipping to get a $5 converter. Thanks guys!

Call 'Droomgoole's' in Houston, if its a fair price for one, take that price +tax +$2 in shipping and I"ll mail it to you.

Carlin

While were on the subject, those who use the converter... how long does ink last for you? I'm using a fine nib and am half-way down my first fillup. Seems like I'll be refilling every week or biweekly if I take a lot of notes at school.

Great pen - I have two that I use for knockabout pens. If you like the style its one of the best values in fountain pens going.

While were on the subject, those who use the converter... how long does ink last for you? I'm using a fine nib and am half-way down my first fillup. Seems like I'll be refilling every week or biweekly if I take a lot of notes at school.

Depends on how much writing you do - but one or two fills a week sounds about right if you're doing a lot of note taking. Fortunately, going to the converter saves you a bundle over cartridges (not to mention gives you the ability to chose whatever brand and colour you want) - just top it up every couple of days to make sure you never run out - no big deal given that it only takes about a minute or so.

Depends on how much writing you do - but one or two fills a week sounds about right if you're doing a lot of note taking. Fortunately, going to the converter saves you a bundle over cartridges (not to mention gives you the ability to chose whatever brand and colour you want) - just top it up every couple of days to make sure you never run out - no big deal given that it only takes about a minute or so.

True! Thanks.

No no no, the trick to save on shipping is to get three to five different inks while you're at it. That way you don't feel so bad paying the shipping.

I had been looking at the Lamy Safari for a while now. This settles it, I'm definitely going to look into getting this pen. With converter of course! Man the AD's are really getting bad!! :w00t:

I love Lamy stuff and I have several of the aluminium pens as well as Safaris. I believe that the metal model is "Al-Star" and they are fantastic too

Top Bottom