What's new

changing blades???

Three to four shaves seems to be the average here, so I would say you are doing it fine. I go for 3 days with Feather blades.

Mark

What kind of blades are you using? Your mileage will vary greatly by blade brand, though 3 or 4 is a pretty respectable average.

I tend to get about five out of my Derby Extras, seven if I clean them off with mineral oil after each shave.

What kind of blades are you using? Your mileage will vary greatly by blade brand, though 3 or 4 is a pretty respectable average.

I tend to get about five out of my Derby Extras, seven if I clean them off with mineral oil after each shave.

right now, unfortunately im using the walmart DE blades. i ordered a sample pack which will be coming in soon.

I toss all my blades after the fourth shave even if I could squeeze another shave or two out of them. Saving a nickel isn't worth it.

3-4 shaves is fine for a blade. There are those who change a blade after every shave or every other shave. Four shaves per blade is probably my average.

I've never gotten more than 4 shaves out of a DE blade, 6 from an SE, or 8 from an injector. That's not to say you might not get more with certain brands. I have some NOS Personna 74s, both DE and injectors, and those will supposedly last much longer. Haven't tried them yet, though.

Everyone is different, but 3 or 4 shaves is right in the average per blade. Some get more, and some get less. You'll just have to find out for yourself how each blade works for you.

I'll use a blade, any make, for 4 shaves and then can it. With the cost of blades its not worth trying to get every last bit out of a blade. A good shave lasts me 2 days with no problem, and if nothing special is coming up, a third day is possible, with that said, at times I can get around 2 weeks out of 1 blade. :thumbup1:

I can get about two weeks with my injector. Usually I do not shave on Saturdays so it turns out to only be about ten-twelve shaves. I clean and dry my blades after use, maybe that is why I can get them to last so long? I have heard that injectors are able to last longer than other blades.

This is truly a case of YMMV. For me it depends on the blade. I can usually get 10 good shaves from a Feather. I just got 16 out of an Astra (though my average for Astras is usally 7-10). I usually get 7 from my Derbys. I usually get 3-4 shaves from a Wal-Mart blade, and most of the other blades I've tried thus far. So, you see, it varies considerably depending on the person, the razor, the lather, the blade, and so on.

I'm able to get 4 out of most blades. Some brands can go beyond 4 but I'd rather change on 4 than stop shaving to change a blade that's no longer sharp. Just a choice and YMMV.

depends on how coarse your hair is,
the amount of area your shaving,
and also imo a very important aspect
the way you prep if you just wake up
and shave your hair is gonna be coarser
and you wont get a very lasting shave
but as soon as you prep as in like shower
and then shave or do the barbershop style
pre-shave trick, then your hair will stick out
more and will be softer, meaning thus you will
get more shaves this way.

I shave four time with each blade -- two shaves for each side of the razor.

Those of you getting three: does that mean you're flipping around the razor repeatedly during each shave?

Of course, whatever works for you. I'm in the 3-5 range; sometimes a week. I've been using Gillette 7 O'Clocks yellow package.

I change mine out every monday, so that's 3-7 shaves per blade with RIPs. Depending on how often i use my straights.

This is one of those YMMV questions..Some can get 6-7 shaves whilst others get only 3-4 shaves... I generally use my blades 3 times and toss them.

Top Bottom