What's new

cleaning question

How is everyone doing? I have been lurking for a while and decided I needed to introduce myself. I have been wet shaving for about 2 months and I love every minute of it. I am deployed to Iraq and find that my day no matter how rough always ends with joy after I hit the showers and shave. But the question I have is this: I like many others have acquired RAD (yes even over here in Iraq). The only thing available in the local PX is bleach, which I have been using to sanitize my ebay purchases. I want to go to the next level though…Is there anything else I can use to bring out the shine? I need to know all the items I need to order so that I can accomplish this. Thanks.

Greetings Tilden
Thanks so much for serving ! :thumbup:
My routine is as follows:
Hot water and a toothbrush to the razor head and under belly after every shave.
Soft Scrub w/ Bleach when I change Blades
MAAS polish to the entire razor about 1x a month.

Run over to the infirmary and sweet-talk someone into throwing it in the autoclave for you. That should kill anything on it and will probably clean it up nicely as well.:001_smile

What do you polish your medals with?

Run over to the infirmary and sweet-talk someone into throwing it in the autoclave for you. That should kill anything on it and will probably clean it up nicely as well.:001_smile

What do you polish your medals with?

polishing medals is old school...lol...i have been in for 19 years and before there was "sta-brite" brass, there was braso. But none of that stuff is available over here. i was wanting an all inclusive list of everything i will need to order online so i can continue my nightly ritual of cleaning and tidying up my new purchases. :thumbup:

polishing medals is old school...lol...

HA-HA-HA! That is pretty funny!

In that case I would look at Flitz and Collinite's No.850 Metal Wax. Both of those are very good. I would say try the Flitz first because it comes in smaller tubes and would be easier to store and transport.

Also, I want to say thank you. I don't know if you guys hear it enough over there, but I appreciate the job you do for this country. My brother served 2 tours with the 1st Armored Division over there and I am certainly proud of all our armed forces.

Especially if you're expected to shave in THAT environment! That's my brother on the left.
proxy.php

Greetings Tilden
Thanks so much for serving ! :thumbup:
My routine is as follows:
Hot water and a toothbrush to the razor head and under belly after every shave.
Soft Scrub w/ Bleach when I change Blades
MAAS polish to the entire razor about 1x a month.

+1 God bless you and thank you for serving!!!

Top Bottom