What's new

Vulfix #404 mixed Badger & Boar shaving brush?

I saw it for $26.99 on the Shoeboxshaveshop website. Is it a good performing brush? Is it more of a soap brush or a cream brush?

I was checking this one out as well--I just did my first restore, have an Omega 10xxx, and a Tweezerman--and would like to get something cool and interesting without breaking the bank. Everyone's thoughts are, of course, appreciated.

Thanks.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Appears to be a solid brush. I think at that price point you get a nice brush with the best of both worlds. It might lean toward being a "soap brush" to many but Im a firm believer that you could use it with any lathering agent and be happy. If it turns out to be not so great, you really aren't out a whole lot of bucks on it. Vulfix makes a nice brush.

I've had my 404 for several months now, and I find it to be a really good brush. Before I got it I had been using only super badgers or silvertips. I wanted a brush that would be quite a bit stiffer, just to have one, I decided to try the 404 after checking out several boar or boar and badger combo's.

I'm glad I got the 404, I enjoy using it, and find I reach for it many times over my so called better brushes. Its an excellent brush, I got it from Bullgoose shaving for like $25.00. I'd say go for it, its a very nice brush. :thumbup1:

I've had one for a while. I like it a lot. I use with cream but I'm sure it would be fine for soap. I alternate between the boar/badger mix and a badger brush.

A great allrounder. Probably too stiff for badger fans and too scratchy for boar fans but really worth the trouble. I don't think it is the best of two worlds but it is a decent middle of the road brush without any issues besides that you still don't know what you really want.....:biggrin:

Top Bottom