What's new

Vetiver Shaving Cream?

Hi, I keep seeing Vetiver listed at a fragrance. What exactly does "real" vetiver smell like, and what would be a good cream to try out? Thanks.

Hi, I keep seeing Vetiver listed at a fragrance. What exactly does "real" vetiver smell like, and what would be a good cream to try out? Thanks.

SCS also makes a "Very V" cream that is vetyver scented. Her creams are very high quality. I have several others and would have no hesitation buying more.

If you can smell this scent somewhere it would be helpful in your decision.

Good luck.

jim

QED's Vetiver soap is outstanding- if you like Vetiver. I'm not an expert, but this seems to be the most "pure" Vetiver scent I've come across.

Jordan

I'm partial to Salter's Vetiver followed by a squirt or two of L'Occitane Vetiver EDT. I suggest if you are in the market, pay a visit to Dr. Sample. Scotto has sample sizes of various products available for a minor cost. This will allow you to try a variety of options to decide what is right for you. http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2251

-Scott

I am really interested in the Vetiver scent - but it sounds like some hate it and some love it. I haven't found a place offers samples of the fragrance - can any one recommend a place I could buy/beg a sample of a vetiver cream? I don't want to get stuck with 5 oz. if it turns out to be completely unappealing.

Vetiver is a grass grown in the Caribbean among other places. Haiti is said to have some of the best. It is used in perfumery and in the practice of some afro caribbean religions like Santeria.
Salter, QED and SCS are good. I read in a post here that Salter changed his formulation.
My favorite superlather is QED Vetiver soap and Salter Vetiver cream

If you want to try a sample of Vetiver, do what I did. Order from TSD.
For 1.15 I got 1/4 oz of their vetiver cream.

Its a very strong scent. Very much like a dense dewy forest with lots of high grass. Its awesome!

I also picked up their Bergamont - it is amazing, along with Egyptian Spice, Bamboo and Teak, and Mayan Gold. Those are clear winners along with subzero.

Still not sure on the motor oil, peppercorn, coffee, or leather. Strong scents not sure how or when I will use them.
Check it out here.
http://theshaveden.com/store/index.php?act=viewDoc&docId=6

I got my Vetiver sample from The Shave Den, and on day three, I think i might be falling for this cream. At first all I smelled was dirt, but as I lather and use it I get some spicy tones, and really enjoy it. This cream also seems to lather pretty well.

Would you mind sharing your lather method?

Mine for the TSD Coffee didn't go very successful?

You already asked me that in my thread about the samples I received.

I am actually getting a much better lather from the Vetiver than I did from the first one I tried (Bamboo and Teak). I think it may have to do with the essential oils vs. the frangrances. I am getting a really good lather with the vetiver, but I wish it was a little more lubricating.

Top Bottom